Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-17-2021, 01:32 PM   #1
Plane

Default Supernatural Durability and 1 HP below zero and Move

B89
As long as you have 0 or more HP, you are also immune to crippling injuries, and have your full Move.

Below 0 HP, you are at half Move, and can be crippled
B327
If you have less than 1/3 of your HP remaining, you reel from your wounds.

Halve your Move and Dodge (round up).
Would this basically mean that the usual 1/2 move (including rounding up fractions, which SD does not specify) happens but takes place when you drop below zero INSTEAD of 1/3?

"full" at "zero or more" sounds like it's definitely canceling out the usual Move-halving, though I'm not sure about Dodge (maybe that takes place at 1/3 normally?)

Would it seem reasonable to allow Injury Tolerance: Unstoppable (pg 10 of Monster Hunters Power-Ups) to cancel out the move-halving at <0 HP since it normally cancels out the move-halving at <1/3HP ?
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 02:04 PM   #2
Varyon

Default Re: Supernatural Durability and 1 HP below zero and Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
Would this basically mean that the usual 1/2 move (including rounding up fractions, which SD does not specify) happens but takes place when you drop below zero INSTEAD of 1/3?

"full" at "zero or more" sounds like it's definitely canceling out the usual Move-halving, though I'm not sure about Dodge (maybe that takes place at 1/3 normally?)
I'd say the intent is that Supernatural Durability shifts the effects of being below 1/3 HP to being below 0 HP; I'd imagine Dodge is meant to be similarly affected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
Would it seem reasonable to allow Injury Tolerance: Unstoppable (pg 10 of Monster Hunters Power-Ups) to cancel out the move-halving at <0 HP since it normally cancels out the move-halving at <1/3HP ?
I don't have any of the MH books, but does Unstoppable have a point at which it no longer applies? If not, I'd say it's perfectly acceptable to combine it with Supernatural Durability (although given the latter already has a lesser version of the effect, a discount on Unstoppable may be in order).
Old 02-17-2021, 02:38 PM   #3
Plane

Default Re: Supernatural Durability and 1 HP below zero and Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
does Unstoppable have a point at which it no longer applies?
Not that I can see, just says "ignore the usual penalties for having less than 1/3 HP"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
given the latter already has a lesser version of the effect, a discount on Unstoppable may be in order
Yeah this is one of those things where it'd be cool to break down SD into a metra-trait, divorcing the Unstoppable aspect and also the High Pain Threshold aspect.

HPT and SD also seem to have some elements of resistant/immune to unconsciousness too, though not entirely... SD gives complete immunity to "knockout" (ie B327 right column: if you fail your Major Wound HT >4, and maybe some crit table results?) but it doesn't explicitly mention other causes of unconsciousness (like the HT rolls you make each second at <0HP per B327's middle column) so I don't know if SD prevents that...
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damage and injury, general damage, monster hunters, supernatural durability, unstoppable