Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2021, 11:56 AM   #33
coronatiger

Default Session 55 (2021-02-14)

Leopold told Karl that if he could draw on better interrogation skills than those we possessed (or didn’t possess), he could get something out of Neriel himself. Karl didn’t think that normal interrogation techniques would work on a demon, and he didn’t want to expose his people to one. However, he thought we should be able to find someone in the vicinity with demonic expertise, who could help us with the interrogation. I guess we can try to locate some of those cultists that reputedly live around here, although after the big crackdown, I wouldn’t know where to look. The only cultists I knew had been burned at the stake by Fidel Sidel, and anyone with links to them had been massacred by the Church. Leopold just nodded agreement at Karl’s statement, so maybe he has an idea.

Leopold asked Karl about the consequences of kidnapping a government official from Surd. Karl informed us that a squad of soldiers from the capital had arrived not many days ago. The search operation was unofficial, or at least they didn’t announce what they were doing to the general populace. We should keep away from the soldiers and not draw attention to ourselves. I cleared my throat. Not drawing attention to myself would be highly suspicious. If we were lucky, the soldiers didn’t know about our connection to the kidnapping, but we should plan for the worst. Leopold asked Karl to inform us if he learned anything.

Karl suggested we left Urdon and proposed Garuk, since that city isn’t in Virendia anymore. After the war, Garuk lies within the territories of the new state, Free Tamburin. Leopold suggested Alvheim instead and asked Karl what he knew about that city. I had never heard about it before, but it turned out not to be that far away, further south along the Silent Lake. Alvheim is politically autonomous, whatever that means, and independent, not a part of Virendia, and a large settlement considered that it’s been kept a secret for so long.

Leopold promised Karl he’d copy Neriel’s book, so Karl could send it to the Old World to get it translated. He couldn’t be planning to use the book as evidence, then, for he needed the case wrapped up in not that many months. There was to be a conference, similar to the one we had spied on in Fort Glory, held in Virendia this time, and he needed all the proof of Serals tampering with the government he could get before that.

When we got back to the Golden Swan, Leopold just fetched his horse and left for the knowledge guild. They have a library… I went upstairs to Olivia. She was reading and didn’t want to be disturbed, so I practiced contortion behind her back.

In the afternoon, Karl’s courier came and asked for Leopold, but he wasn’t back yet. I picked open his door and searched through his papers to see if I could locate the article Leopold had promised Karl. I hoped it said “Seral Research” or something similar on the front. It took some time, but I found something that could be what I was looking for, so I grabbed it and gave it to the courier.

Leopold came knocking on our door when I was putting on my performance outfit. He wasn’t best pleased with the mess I had made of his papers, but at least I had handed over the right article and avoided damaging his precious books. He informed Olivia and me that he had talked to Va’lyndra and Ilzo – that’s why he was so late – and they had decided to go bandit hunting. We could stash Neriel at the knowledge guild. Spending the next couple of weeks in the woods would keep us out of sight from the Surd soldiers, and doing quests for the adventurers’ guild was an acceptable excuse for me not to stay in town and perform. I should probably head over there in the morning to stock up on potions.

---

So, we’re going bandit hunting. I can’t say that I’m looking forward to that. Not that Mattea and the others will expect me to sneak up on the bandits and join in the attacks, but the prospect of living rough on adventure is daunting for someone in my condition. I had hoped to be able to spend the last three months of my pregnancy in more comfort; I’m due in the beginning of January. A real bed is what I’ll miss the most. I’ll have to bring some pillows when we leave. Sleeping on the ground with only blankets for support has been a nightmare.

I would stay in town if I could, but if the soldiers from Surd discover somehow that Mattea was involved in Neriel’s abduction, they’ll come for me. It’s well known that Mattea and I are close. Mattea’s hunger is another reason I can’t stay. Even knowing how awful she feels about her betrayal, I’m sure she would do it again if I’m not there to take the edge off.

I’ve seen a glimmer of hope in Mattea’s eyes ever since I let her sleep beside me again. We’ve not been able to entangle the way we usually do for sleep since my belly grew so big, so she lies behind me and just wraps her arms around me. As bloated and unattractive as I feel, it’s a wonder that she still desires me, but there’s no doubt that she does. Every night that passes, Mattea gets more and more daring. She presses her breasts against me and I can feel her arm slide over mine. As long as I don’t acknowledge her seductive slithering, her desire to be punished has been overpowering her hunger. I don’t know how long that will last. So far, it’s only like she’s reminding me that she’s there if I want her. When she truly turns on her charm, I know I won’t be able to resist any more, no matter how mad I still am at her.

It speaks to Mattea’s seduction skills that even when she was trapped as Fabian, she managed to turn me on. I have no interest in men at all, but even I have to admit that Fabian is a very handsome fellow. While his good looks did nothing for me, Mattea knew exactly what to say to make me forget what shape she was in. Ramming that thing inside me was a terrible reminder, but it turned out to be a blessing. Now we can have the family we always wanted.

I need to forgive Mattea. We love each other too much for me not to. It’s just so hard to come to terms with what she did. Why did it have to be Ilzo? Why couldn’t she have seduced Va’lyndra instead? Part of me feels guilty for leaving. I should have known Mattea couldn’t keep her pants on for all those weeks. It’s a miracle that she even held on as long as she did.

I also need to confront Ilzo, let him know that I hate him for not hindering Mattea’s betrayal. I dread that conversation. I don’t know what to say to him that will make him truly understand that he can’t do what he did again. Maybe I can enlist Va’lyndra’s aid? Mattea has told me that she’s been hooking up with Ilzo, so she would presumably appreciate teaching Ilzo about monogamy.

In the morning, I think I will tell Mattea that I forgive her. She’ll want to – no, she’ll need to – make up, and I’d rather do that in this comfortable bed. When we leave for this next adventure, everything will be right in Mattea’s book. I still may need some time to truly come around, but with a happy Mattea lavishing attention on me and giving me regular doses of ecstasy, I hope this entire affair will recede to the back of my mind, a painful memory largely forgotten. If not, I fear it will destroy us.

Character sheet: Google Drive link (See this thread for details.)

Campaign logs: Chaotic Pioneering / Confessions of a Forked Tongue
coronatiger is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
campaign log