Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-09-2011, 05:31 PM   #1
Aigol

Default Helping my Player with a Character

One of my players is interested in making a character similar to Owen Harper from torchwood after he died.

I figure he would take things like Unkillable, Numb, and Unhealable
What could represent his sort of unnatural aura that made people feel odd around him or his ability to intimadate better.

Any suggestions for a Character like this
Aigol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: Helping my Player with a Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aigol View Post
One of my players is interested in making a character similar to Owen Harper from torchwood after he died.
Can you be a bit more detailed for those of us that don't live in the UK? I've seen some of the show on Netflix but I don't think that was part of it.

Quote:
What could represent his sort of unnatural aura that made people feel odd around him or his ability to intimadate better.
Lifebane or a Supernatural Feature.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
Aigol

Basically Owen Died adn then was brought back by a resurrection glove.

Now he is basically dead but still alive. Nothing kills him but he cannot heal on his own. He doesn't need to breathe and has an incredibly poor sense of touch
Aigol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:13 PM   #4
starslayer

I would say he was only unhealing 1- he could be stitched back together to 'recover from damage'- it just was ugly.

The unnautral aura was simply the disadvantage 'frightens animals'- humans did not seem to react off to him, just the weevles who he had a weird relationship with before.

Does not breathe, eat, sleep

Temperature tolerance 10

DR 10 vs shock.

Immunity to metabolic hazards.

No body heat/invisibility to machines <Depending>

No tiring/no extra effort <0 point feature>

I think that is everything he was able to do.
starslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:00 AM   #5
benz72

Sounds like you might want to start with the zombie template
Old 03-10-2011, 06:05 AM   #6
Gizensha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aigol View Post

I figure he would take things like Unkillable, Numb, and Unhealable

Any suggestions for a Character like this
Don't forget Reputation +4 (King Of The Weavils; Small Group of People (Weavils); All The Time)

...Granted how much of that was down to his being resurrected by the glove they seemingly worshipped and how much of that was down to Owen's... Umm... Natural intuition, I guess... On Weavil body language, isn't made clear.

Also doesn't eat or drink, doesn't breath, injury tolerance (no vitals), numb... That some aliens who eat humans refuse to eat him due to him smelling like rotting meat is probably a perk, that the only way he can get rid of liquid in his stomach that he does ingest by standing on his head and vomitting is, at most, a quirk, same (including the 'at most') for the fact he lacks the blood flow needed to 'get it up' (...Yeah, for those of you unfamiliar with the source material, these factoids both come up...)... No heat signature; I think there's an advantage for that, forget what it is though.

It's how you represent the fact that due to him being dead he's capable of winning in a wrestling match with the Grim Reaper that I have no idea on.
Gizensha is offline   Reply With Quote