Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-04-2022, 02:36 PM   #121
vicious Violence

Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

Agreed, there is no doubting. The only way is forward.

Rolled 8, iq (11)
Rolled 9, ht (12)
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 04:42 PM   #122
the_matrix_walker

Togosho begins to pace.

He is SEETHING with FURY. It radiates off of him in waves.

His thoughts rage...

"He 'Offered' me to him, before I was even born? What kind of monster would... How can this cowardly, corrupt and deceitful creature be the same man who trained me???"
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 10:27 AM   #123
vicious Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Togosho begins to pace.

He is SEETHING with FURY. It radiates off of him in waves.

His thoughts rage...

"He 'Offered' me to him, before I was even born? What kind of monster would... How can this cowardly, corrupt and deceitful creature be the same man who trained me???"
Why are you so angry brother? The past, we cannot change. We can only change our present. Even the future is out of our grasp. The story seems harsh, but everybody does what seems best at the moment.
Old 03-05-2022, 11:00 AM   #124
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
Why are you so angry brother? The past, we cannot change. We can only change our present. Even the future is out of our grasp. The story seems harsh, but everybody does what seems best at the moment.
"You did not see what I beheld in the crystal, and do not know the whole of it.

The Jensaarai are dedicated to the Truth, and I have learned my surrogate father has lived his life as a deceiver since he was a foundling and has lied to me since I entered into my training. And that his masters sent him to do such a thing... means my order has an impurity that must be destroyed.

The Jensaarai are pledged to Protect people and to uphold Justice, and I have learned that the one I would call master would sacrifice an innocent to save his own skin.

Those who would do such things are no Jensaarai, and I am disgusted that they would call themselves so.

There is a sickness in my home that must be purified. I must speak to the Saarai-kaar."

He casts the crystal onto the table and then starts to control his breathing and attempts to calm his emotions and clear his thoughts and ponder what he must do.

_

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 03-05-2022 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-06-2022, 10:18 PM   #125
PumpkinLorica

I've always thought my mom was a robot(* ̄(エ) ̄*), it bothers me a little that she didn't tell me but she saved my life.。・゚・(/(エ)\)。・゚・
Old 03-10-2022, 12:04 PM   #126
SID

“KNOW THAT THEIR BASES AND HOMES I RAIDED.
I WASN’T TAKING SURRENDERS, ONLY THE LIVES OF QORIT.”

The last gift… Vanta approaches the box and finds an unusual item.

It’s a white orb, the size of an eyeball.

“TAKE IT YOU MUST. FROM YOUR LATE WIFE, THIS IS. KNOW THAT A MEMBER OF QUORIT SHE WAS, LEARN FROM THE MESSAGE SHE LEFT, YOU WILL.”

The orb is soft and when Vanta touches it, it “awakens”. It’s an eye, it looks at him… It does resemble his wife’s. He feels like it’s enveloped in a thin transparent film (similar to oblaat) that allows the eye to roll inside of it.

@Vic You aren’t familiar with this sort of item; however, Togosho feels the item was made with SITH ALCHEMY. Per a CRITICAL GM roll and thanks to the teachings of his master, Togosho could even tell you the essentials behind it: It’s a good piece of equipment and with the appropriate software, tunning and weather conditions, it could help you scout and map a variety of places and even record holo-messages.

To make the orb work, you have to replace one of your eyes, Vanta figures this much. Coincidentally, he just plucked an eye out of himself, and a “living wound” is the basic requirement to start things. Vanta instinctively fits the orb into his eye-socket. As it gets closer, a series of tentacles come out and try take the place of the eye he just sacrificed, Vanta focus on the pain, the only thing that’s left for him.

The orb’s tentacles tear a hole in Vanta’s brain, and his sight restored… almost immediately, a holo-message plays from this new “eye”:

At first, it’s just static, then you hear Closure and… Diantha… (his wife) she’s panting, running out breath.

Closure: CARRY ON.

Diantha: Beloved “Jabbar” I still taste the wine you gave me one sip. Today I withdraw from the banket to let you down and make you hurt… to wake up that dead heart of yours… (Diantha is coughing, and now you can see CLOSURE’s face). SIQSA, the eye is working… take it (Closure’s hand approaches Diantha’s eye and plucks it out… now you can see Diantha laying in the ground). Until your heart is ripe… inaudible... I’ll give you pain. Pain, is but an essence of life… by its presence new life finds its way…

I cannot pity the world that made me fall, but I pity the riddles I made that made me stray away from you… I… was an inquisitor … but then, it was just us… They used me, they hunted us and sent you there (to the lab) … I realized it too late… a thin line between… enemy and friend… ever since that line stopped, there was no beginning or end… (she spits blood) in the cradle of our past, two children you fathered… One of them was taken by the SITH and the other one… perished here with me… but you never knew… when I moved my shackles made noise and they noticed me… and today SIQSA here, saves me… honor (There’s a lot of static at this point) Only the most primitive cells… can help you remember of our child… find… (heavy breathing) FOB… It's… done, promise me… deliver the message and you can have my head… instead of “them”. Victor Jabbar, He’ll know… what to do.

Closure: THE MESSAGE HE’LL GET. CALM YOURSELF, HOLD YOUR BELIEFS IN YOUR HEART (Closure hands the orb to Diantha).

Diantha: Good… I’m… ready… help me stand to…

Closure: I UNDERSTAND, HUSH.

Closure rises Diantha’s body using the force, Diantha’s trying to record these last moments… Closure ignites a flaming light-saber, the she speaks the following words: “IN LIFE, SHAME. IN DEATH, ATONEMENT.”

The hologram stops playing.

“ABOUT 25 YEARS AGO, THE MEMBERS OF QUORIT STILL HUNTING I WAS. BUT YOUR WIFE WAS A VIP, OTHERS GOT HER FIRST. CLEANING THEY WERE WHEN I ARRIVED, “DEAD” SHE WAS WHEN SHE TALKED TO ME. I WIPED “THE CLEANERS” OUT AND SWEPT THE PLACE MYSELF. YOUR FAMILY’S PLACE OF REST THIS IS.”
Old 03-10-2022, 06:04 PM   #127
vicious Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by SID View Post
“KNOW THATTHEIR BASES AND HOMES I RAIDED.
I WASN’T TAKING SURRENDERS, ONLY THE LIVES OF QORIT.”

….. I WIPED “THE CLEANERS” OUT AND SWEPT THE PLACE MYSELF. YOUR FAMILY’S PLACE OF REST THIS IS.”
Vanta bears the pain, appreciating feeling again.

All who took away my beloved family shall share my fate. My beloved Diantha, two parting gifts you left.

Closure, how could it be I didn’t detect she was carrying two children? Where is the other one? How can this be? Was her death painless at the end or was it fire?

Togosho, Bibingui, do you know something of this eye? I must learn and see if there are any more messages hidden inside.
Old 03-10-2022, 08:44 PM   #128
PumpkinLorica

Madam I handed over my galaxy but I WANT it back. My mom gave me this one and well I want both things, please (⁎⁍̴̆Ɛ⁍̴̆⁎) or I can trade it for a bit of my beautiful fur. I can pull it here, right now so you witness my PAAAAAIN.
Old 03-10-2022, 09:22 PM   #129
the_matrix_walker

Togosho begins to find his center as he hears Vanta's plea.

"I know it is an advanced form of Sith Alchemy. Perhaps... If you will permit my touch, you may be able to see for yourself."

Spoiler:  

"Concentrate. Think of what the device is and feel its function, and then contemplate the things it must have seen."
Old 03-12-2022, 11:04 AM   #130
SID

@Bibingui
“… WHAT? THE MARBLE REDEEMED HAS BEEN. WAS IT REALLY MEANT FOR YOU?”

Then she speaks to both Togosho and Bibingui:
“FIND YOU WILL, THAT MANY OF THE TRUTHS WE CLING TO, ON YOUR OWN POINT OF VIEW DEPEND GREATLY.”

@Vanta
“PAINFUL, HER FINAL MOMENTS WERE. WHEN THE QUORIT CLEANS, THEY MASH THE BODIES OF THEIR MARKS, AND WITH A SUBSTANCE THAT WORKS THE OPPOSITE OF BACTA, THEY BATHE THEM. ALREADY “PROCESSED” YOUR CHILD WAS WHEN I ARRIVED, AND SHE WATCHED IT ALL. THEY WERE MASHING HER BODY WHEN I GOT THERE.

HOWEVER… QUICK AND PAINLESS HER DEATH WAS…
FULL OF HOPE, AT LEAST.

I KNEW HER NOT, BUT FOR A FORCE USER EASY IT IS TO CLOUD OTHER’S THOUGHTS.”

OOC: @TMW, That’s fine, also, we can work this per the previous successful roll.

@Togosho
Togosho explains Vanta that he can “command” the orb with his mind. Since this is a SITH artifact, he explains it works better when the user is trained in the force, but a “normal” person can manage to master the item, with proper training and dedication.

You discover Diantha “wiped the orb” before handling it to Closure. However, as Togosho guides Vanta to unlock more memories within the orb, Vanta finds another recording and Togosho watches very faint memory (per psychometry). You both -feel- these memories are from the same day:

It’s been 1,986 days since my quest started. I can’t believe I’ve been lying to Victor for so long, but that’s the best thing I can do. If I’d knew this would happen, I’d have preferred to have him travel around the galaxy his entire life, instead of convincing him of taking root with his new job… but I’ve been SO STUBBORN (LOUD NOISES, something is beating a metal structure). I could’ve never been prepared for the horrors ahead... Not only they forced me to choose between our two children, they… (THIS PART OF THE MESSAGE IS LOST). The memory of our child is gone from Victor’s head, but I’m certain he’ll… (STATIC) in his heart… (STATIC) with this FOB. I just hope they don’t destroy one another.

With the QUORIT stepping on our tails, I’ve grown tired and weary of the futility of my devices… now I’m trapped in this dead end… But exhaustion, disease and the constant risk of light-sabers pelting and sheering off our skin is nothing compared to facing the “daughter of the death world”, before the SIQSA, we are just soft born whelps from a paradise world… she fights like a beast, and thinks like a machine. Had it not been for the things I witnessed until now, I imagine we’d have been out to death in the hands of the QUORIT. I can’t believe I’m relying on the slim chance of meeting again with her... please… (Diantha is crying). On top, I couldn’t meet with Vanta of Black Steel (OOC: This is a NPC), some Ewok ruined everything, now he’s stuck in the middle of nothing. At least he got my message, if things go wrong, they’ll get to Victor.

Though filled with these dangers, I had never been more inspired and driven to survive. I’m starting to question myself about the SIQSA’S purpose. She’s walked past us on so much occasions, it’s as if she’s letting us go. It’s as if she’s here to lambast and punish the enders.

It seems they are finally cutting through the walls… (you can hear a child crying, TRANSMISSION ENDS).

The memory unfolds the death of Vanta’s (Victor Jabbar) child, it took about 2 hours.
Then men that did the cleaning job aren’t explicitly QUORIT, they look like this… Except for one, he looks like this.

When you are finished, the room returns to normal. The force is cut-off from the place, your equipment starts failing…

Tags
advantage of the week, cyberpunk, magic, martial arts, pbp, powers, sci fi, spaceships, star wars