Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-31-2010, 08:36 PM   #181
_Civ_

Default Re: New to GURPs; not sure where to start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crakkerjakk View Post
Just gotta make sure your players can handle it. Notably that a) the ones playing the PCs won't be ****** that the ones playing the NPCs tried to kill them, and b) that the ones playing the NPCs don't use special knowledge of the weaknesses of the PCs they're fighting against them, unless it's something the NPCs should already know.
I once let a friend from out of town jump in and control a minor NPC in a fight against the players. He saw it as his god given duty to do his best to kill every PC he could before he went down and ended up taking out half the party. Oops.
_Civ_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:53 PM   #182
Johnny Angel

It's somewhat amusing looking back at my posts to start this thread. I've come a long way since I first came here.

I'm glad to see that others are getting some benefit from this thread. Hopefully this continues to be helpful.
Johnny Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:00 PM   #183
DrDraxium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Angel View Post
It's somewhat amusing looking back at my posts to start this thread. I've come a long way since I first came here.

I'm glad to see that others are getting some benefit from this thread. Hopefully this continues to be helpful.
The evolution of your knowledge from the beginning to the "end" Of this thread (around post 170 before I resurrected it) was a brilliant help for me whilst forming my knowledge base regarding GURPS. I think you were absent for around 9 months at one stage before returning to ask further questions IIRC. However everyone was still as willing to help as they were in the beginning. A great, welcoming community.
DrDraxium is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gurps recruitment, gurps revival, introductions to gurps