Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 08-11-2018, 07:28 PM   #1
DeDiceManCometh

Default TFT Online Tools

In this golden era of super-high quality material components for RPGs (which I am certain print-published TFT will have), it makes sense to offer online tools, just for the synergy.

Things like chargen, bestiaries, automated GM's screen.

I thought this already might have been mentioned, but my Google-Fu stinks: I didn't dig up any mention of TFT online tools.

I'll leave it to the wiser minds at SJG to decide whether it is worth monetizing such tools or not (and... if so, how?) But in either case, these are things that should exist.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:58 PM   #2
ak_aramis

Default Re: TFT Online Tools

Last time I looked for online tools, there was a functioning TFT webring. That was about 2006. There weren't any that I found except a hexagonal mapping tool that automatically calculated the mega-hex and mega-mega-hex maps from the tactical maps one built.

once the Legacy Edition hits, we'll have to wait and see if people rise to the occasion.

I won't, despite dabbling in HTML+Javascript and in PHP, simply because of the hassle factor of SJG's permissions policies, my own flightiness, and my comparative lack of polish on my projects.

(That said, others most assuredly will - and SJG should probably include that policy in the legalalia of the book.)
ak_aramis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 03:11 AM   #3
zot

Default Re: TFT Online Tools

I've already made a map template available here, which you can use for real time collaborationn. You can copy it as much as you like and use it for different stories.

Google sheets are a really good platform for character reference sheets, so I've made an example available of what we use for collaborative play.

It also has a dice roller in it, which you can use if you copy the sheet to your own drive. Just authorize it when you click on one of the dice rolling buttons. Just be patient after you click "Roll" for the first time and wait for the panel to pop up asking you to authorize it. If you want to check the code first, you can see it from the "Tools->Script editor" menu. It only makes changes to the current sheet.

I'll enhance the map template and the character sheet code with more stuff as I go.
zot is offline   Reply With Quote