Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #91
Talosian

Default Re: [OOC] Worlds of Fire

I'm getting up at around 3:00 AM tomorrow in order to catch a 6:35 flight. I'll get home at around 8:40, and I'll probably be completely wiped. I should have no ability to post during this time. If I'm lucky I can squeeze out a post tonight, or maybe on Tuesday after I get home, but don't be surprised if I don't post until Wednesday.
Talosian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:41 AM   #92
ErhnamDJ

Well, Douglas has just got himself a new toy. And, believe me, he's just dying to try it out.

Only problem is... well, look at how huge it is. Any advice for how to get around with this thing to where it would be useful? What's the Holdout penalty for that thing going to be?
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #93
Fnord72

Still looking for another player?
Fnord72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:21 PM   #94
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnord72 View Post
Still looking for another player?
At present I am not looking for another player. One has been found and will be joining play shortly. The first post will be updated with details once they are sorted out.

Depending on how much interest I get once the major (obvious) plot arc is explained, there may be options for other people to join or for a second thread. It depends on what happens and whether I get into another game as a player rather than GM.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:51 PM   #95
Talosian

Quote:
Well, Douglas has just got himself a new toy. And, believe me, he's just dying to try it out.

Only problem is... well, look at how huge it is. Any advice for how to get around with this thing to where it would be useful? What's the Holdout penalty for that thing going to be?
Probably -4 to -6. How heavy is it? Seann might be able to put it in his bag. Which he'd do because it allows him to keep tabs on Douglas' heavier firepower :P

As for Douglas carrying it... I can't really imagine any way for him to hide it. The Holdout penalty should make it more or less impossible.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:19 PM   #96
Lamech

And the character sheet is finally assembled
Spoiler:  

Totem, one question, a handful of spells have a TL level, do you want a specific TL for magic?

Grimoire: Note all spells, except flight are cast from default. Note this doesn't include the penalties for "on" spells.
Spoiler:  
Using the ritual magic system I could in theory cast more, I think this will be good most of the time though. I'll ask if something comes up; I'm sure you, Totem, want to limit some of the spells. Finally I'm pretty sure I calculated them all right, but it wasn't really double checked...

Background
Spoiler:  

On that note here is the whole character sheet...

Last edited by Lamech; 05-05-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:14 PM   #97
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talosian View Post
Probably -4 to -6. How heavy is it? Seann might be able to put it in his bag. Which he'd do because it allows him to keep tabs on Douglas' heavier firepower :P
About eleven pounds. I don't think that includes the scope, and I have no idea how much that weighs. Three or four more?

What kind of bag does Seann have that can hold that thing?

Quote:
As for Douglas carrying it... I can't really imagine any way for him to hide it. The Holdout penalty should make it more or less impossible.
Ever watched Highlander?

:)
Old 05-06-2011, 03:54 AM   #98
Talosian

Quote:
About eleven pounds. I don't think that includes the scope, and I have no idea how much that weighs. Three or four more?

What kind of bag does Seann have that can hold that thing?
A big duffel bag. It would still be a huge stretch to say that it would fit. You'd probably need an extra large covered golf bag or something to pull it off.

Quote:
Ever watched Highlander?
Nope : /
Old 05-06-2011, 04:13 AM   #99
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talosian View Post
A big duffel bag. It would still be a huge stretch to say that it would fit. You'd probably need an extra large covered golf bag or something to pull it off.
Yeah, I don't think the duffel bag will do it.

I think Douglas needs to take up the cello. Pink Hello Kitty. Sounds just right for him.

Totem, can we say Douglas got the pink Hello Kitty cello case with his rifle? Or does Mister Foreman not have a sense of humor?

Quote:
Nope : /
That is a shame.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:25 AM   #100
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
Yeah, I don't think the duffel bag will do it.

I think Douglas needs to take up the cello. Pink Hello Kitty. Sounds just right for him.

Totem, can we say Douglas got the pink Hello Kitty cello case with his rifle? Or does Mister Foreman not have a sense of humor?
Well, putting it in the cello case makes as much sense as sticking a machine gun inside a violin case...

Ben Foreman is ten thousand years old, so you can safely assume he has a sense of humour of some kind. Unfortunately the cello case would be a bit big for Ehrahm to have been carrying in his bag (so is the gun for that matter...). Plus, Ben does have enough sense to insist on things being concealable.

As such I'm ruling that the gun is collapsable (work out the details yourself) down to a Holdout penalty of -4 (broadsword/ assault rifle size in general, but wider than the sword), requiring two seconds to set up to full size in combat (because, let's face it, you can't be expecting to use something like that without some kind of setup time). Whilst collapsed it appears innocuous enough that Douglas gets a +1 on Holdout against people who really aren't expecting it (which is most of the population and even some quite suspicious people).

The collapsable part is produced and repairable using Mechanics/ Armoury/ appropriate Metalworking skills at TL4+ without TL penalties, but is based on TL^ engineering (so you can duplicate it, but adapting it to another weapon is going to be at -15 at least for TL penalties).

Full size has a -6 penalty assuming that Douglas can find something to hide it in or under. Which isn't certain... The cello case you need to find yourselves, and has a good chance of being searched (under legitimate circumstances) simply because it's such an obvious place to hide things. And a pink one might strain the perceptual filter slightly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
That is a shame.
Especially since I went to the trouble of writing up an Immortal (Highlander style) racial template... I've still got that somewhere if people are interested; it's one of the other options if a second Worlds of Fire thread doesn't start up.

Tags
pbp, world-jumping, worlds of fire