Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2021, 02:16 PM   #631
vicious Violence
 
vicious Violence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: in your heart
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Vic has a dream of a blood salamander biting it's tail, and blood starts flowing and flowing and flowing. The salamander is choking on its own blood but keeps biting and biting. Every bite more unfulfilling than the last, and for every bite more and more blood. A never ending fountain of blood on a blood ocean.

Last edited by vicious Violence; 08-11-2021 at 02:51 PM.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 05:33 PM   #632
PumpkinLorica
 
PumpkinLorica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Gathika finds herself walking in an orchard looking for mushrooms in the trees, the plants and in the ground. She spends a long time trying to find something to eat, to no avail. She is frustrated, but right before sunset, she picks a big mushroom and puts it in her basket.

On her way back, she notices the basket is dripping but pays no mind to it.

Once at home, she opens the basket but instead of the mushroom she finds a salamander ferociously biting its own tail. The basket overflows with blood, so she takes the salamander and puts it in a glass. She empties the basket at her backyard. The glass starts to fill with blood, she leaves the salamander at the backyard and empties the glass in the sink. Then the backyard floods with blood, it enters her house! She picks the salamander with her paws and puts it in the sink, the salamander releases its tail but the blood does not stop! Gathika leaves her house seeking help, but no one listens to her word!

She comes back, when she opens the door, a massive amount blood comes out and pushes her away. The town floods!

She falls on her back, and notices a slit-sun in the sky. But wait, isn’t it nighttime?

The push of the blood drags Gathika around the streets and against the town’s buildings, like a leaf in a rocky river. She starts to lose consciousness, she is drowning.

Suddenly, the tide tosses Gathika at the town’s borders.
She starts to catch her breath, laying in the ground, motionless, facing the sky.

The slit sun gets closer, opens its mouth and swallows everything but her!
Her hunger has ceased.

When she recovers, she finds 3 men:

An old man that helps her stand up, a young man that stares at her, and a hooded one that seems in her reach but is always further than it looks.

Gathika wakes up.
__________________
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗

Last edited by PumpkinLorica; 08-11-2021 at 06:58 PM.
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 09:45 PM   #633
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

For Bain, dreaming starts when he opens his eyes and ends with his sleep; however, the hypnagogic lapse fills his mind with events, times and places unknown, which resemble the visions of a dying man…

Fratricidal war ravages the world. Driven by their thirst for conquest, hatred and personal revenge, men unleash their animal fury.

Humanity and mercy are no more. Women and children are swept away by a wave of blood, the desire to kill is found in every man and it spreads, inexorably annihilating one and all.

The dociles rebel, and even those who learned to do the good, those who lived in peace and harmony and those who were weary of fighting and killing… end up fatally drawn into chaos.

At the end of this vision Bain finds himself immersed in a memory of his: In the sea without lees, sharing a cup with the bird of Hermes, all and some without fable… understanding, well and right…
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 08:32 AM   #634
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Telrith dreams of a giant tentacled earth elemental with a strange asymetry to it. It goes from house to house in starhold keep, asking people if they have seen an earth mage. None of the people find the creature in any way unusual, and they all cheerfully direct the monster towards Telrith.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 11:31 AM   #635
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Bain's drawing of the land earns him an reward of $100.

Meanwhile, the rescued people gift the party with $200 each (they promise some more goodies later that month), and the Keep authorities congratulate them with an invite to dine in the inner bailey in recognition of their wonderful deed. The captain of the guard, for instance, would love to develop a friendly relationship with such heroes...
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 11:30 PM   #636
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Bain has a word with his friends, in private.

I am still wondering about Mendel’s fate, is he in town? Was he apprehended? We must stay alert during the dinner. You know, stay sharp and on alert. It could be a “Mendel sends his regards” situation.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 11:37 PM   #637
vicious Violence
 
vicious Violence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: in your heart
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Bain has a word with his friends, in private.

I am still wondering about Mendel’s fate, is he in town? Was he apprehended? We must stay alert during the dinner. You know, stay sharp and on alert. It could be a “Mendel sends his regards” situation.
Vic whispers

Maybe we should send our regards first? We could siege him with your (Telrith's) help in his hotel room, create walls and lock him in, or we could attack in the open, I'm up to any option.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 11:44 PM   #638
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Bain has a word with his friends, in private.

I am still wondering about Mendel’s fate, is he in town? Was he apprehended? We must stay alert during the dinner. You know, stay sharp and on alert. It could be a “Mendel sends his regards” situation.
Mendel was been out of town for days, he left soon after the adventurers did. The Keep has put out a bounty on the slaver, and is investigating his prior activities right now.
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 12:48 AM   #639
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
(...) Maybe we should send our regards first? (...)
You know, word is he ran way.

I would say the odds of "exchanging regards" are good. You want to bring him cold? Because they might need him in town; Imagine the load of unsolved mysteries on his shoulders... Maybe townsfolk let you execute him, or better… fight him in a “trial by the sword”, that would be glorious: The wills of men clashing to find the ultimate possessor of the truth, pursuing the path of blood.

“Since blood is the currency of life, walking the path of blood means you walk the path of life”, that’s what fairies sing in the woods of Avalon.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 01:04 PM   #640
vicious Violence
 
vicious Violence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: in your heart
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
You know, word is he ran way.

I would say the odds of "exchanging regards" are good. You want to bring him cold? Because they might need him in town; Imagine the load of unsolved mysteries on his shoulders... Maybe townsfolk let you execute him, or better… fight him in a “trial by the sword”, that would be glorious: The wills of men clashing to find the ultimate possessor of the truth, pursuing the path of blood.

“Since blood is the currency of life, walking the path of blood means you walk the path of life”, that’s what fairies sing in the woods of Avalon.
Mendel, Mendel has a huge blood debt. He WILL pay.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, magic, martial arts, riddle of steel, sharpshooter, sierra hotel adventurers, spells, swordlogic

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.