Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-13-2021, 05:43 PM   #481
vicious Violence

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Vic pats Ari/Metalica and speaks to Gathika

Ari or Metalica, fine name for a good brave mare, How did you choose her name? I favor Ari for the shortness but however you prefer is fine, we can also call her META. I can ride her and pull the cart and you can ride comfortably on the cart.

As they part Vic sings “Broken Heart in Broken Hilt”.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 12:19 AM   #482
ajardoor

The party makes their way to the north-east, up a trade road.

The day passes without incident.

The party bunks down on the road that night...
Old 07-14-2021, 11:04 AM   #483
PumpkinLorica

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
... Ari or Metalica, fine name for a good brave mare, How did you choose her name? ...
Gathika tells Vic Ari is the short name for Metalica, as in MET-ARI-CA. She agrees with riding in the cart!
Old 07-14-2021, 05:27 PM   #484
ajardoor

The party sleeps peacefully through the night.

DAY 23

(OOC: Everyone, eat more meals for the day.)

The next morning, the party shakes the dreams, eats breakfast, and heads into the woods, towards the canyon.

(OOC: No random encounter today.)

The sunshine through the trees is welcoming despite the danger.

By the day's end, the party is confident that they can make it to the Caves tomorrow.

(OOC: Everyone, roll the usual for camping tonight.)
Old 07-14-2021, 06:38 PM   #485
Hide

The Riddle of Steel enjoy quiet days in their trip to The Caves, Vic rides on Metalica while Gathika sleeps in the cart. Bain remains serious for the most part… reflecting on the previous battles, the people he has met and the places he has been to... eventually he distracts himself with the idea the horse’s name changes quite often.

With the camp set up, they share dinner. This time Bain lights the bonfire with his blue flames; he talks about myths and legends of his land, and tells his friends of his days in the forests of Avalon, a place referred in folktales as a fay wilderness...

I was taught archery by a beheaded woman, and I learned to swim in a pool of gold coins... I used to play in the wizard’s tower of a weeping magician, and studied the fundamentals of magic with him... The four of us used to travel all around Avalon, by foot. These trips bring those memories back.
Old 07-14-2021, 09:42 PM   #486
PumpkinLorica

Gathika can't believe what Bain says, she is speechless but... then...

ᶠᵉᵉᵈ ᵐᵉ /ᐠ-ⱉ-ᐟ\ノ
Old 07-14-2021, 10:00 PM   #487
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica View Post
Gathika can't believe what Bain says, she is speechless but... then...

ᶠᵉᵉᵈ ᵐᵉ /ᐠ-ⱉ-ᐟ\ノ
Bain laughs and pats Gathika's head before leaving to his watch-post.

The Elders have spoken! Hahaha! Rest in peace, folks.

The next night, Bain exposes his concerns with the party.

I have been thinking very seriously about this mission:

Mendel has the money and the tools to get the job done by himself. If the elixirs are so good, why is no him drink them all? How does he know so much about the Orc and their rites, why is he so wary of the Lizardmen? And more importantly, if he is so renowned for helping people… why aren’t others helping him out?

I have a theory; I think he could be a cultist. Therefore, we should get to the lizardmen. If the lizardmen are as simple minded as Mendel said, then we can speak trough action. If we show them the skull banners we have been collecting, they might understand we are powerful. We can find one way or another to let them know we come in peace. And if we have to prove ourselves, then we can fight. I suggest we do the old-school trial of sword-logic: trial by the sword. Since you are a knightly man, I am confident that you can get such job done, Vic. How do you feel about this?

The intention is finding some allies for the battle, we don't their tactics but their numbers and their knowledge as locals. That's going to be our edge in the coming battle. Given the circumstances, they will be of great aid in reaching the top of The Caves.
Old 07-14-2021, 10:33 PM   #488
vicious Violence

Vic hears Bain, thinks for a moment, and replies

Mendel and his man might be cultists. There might be some hidden danger to the elixirs that Mendel doesn’t want to share, we must be careful with this and not fall to temptation. He seems awfully worried we might use the lizardmen as allies. I agree that this would be better, if they are not helpful we will raze them as well. I’ll fight anybody who dares challenge the RIDDLE OF STEEL or our interests. The iron judgement is fair. I guess one of the skulls we have collected could be from an ORC. They might even be happy we destroyed the Bandit camp. Word of our strength and ruthlessness must travel quick.
Old 07-14-2021, 10:44 PM   #489
Hide

Interesting idea, both of them as cultists, that is quite plausible! And these guards did not even smile when I mentioned Milo & Otis, they’ve got to be zombies of sorts (just kidding). But seriously, the Keep is THE place for trade, who was this man trading with… near THE CAVES?
Old 07-14-2021, 10:47 PM   #490
vicious Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Interesting idea, both of them as cultists, that is quite plausible! And these guards did not even smile when I mentioned Milo & Otis, they’ve got to be zombies of sorts (just kidding). But seriously, the Keep is THE place for trade, who was this man trading with… near THE CAVES?
Either the being or sorcerer that made the bandits that turned to GOO, or the bandits we killed. We must be wary of his intentions.

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, magic, martial arts, riddle of steel, sharpshooter, sierra hotel adventurers, spells, swordlogic