Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-31-2014, 05:30 PM   #21
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

"I'm.." Peter starts to say and stops himself... He continues his thought in hiss head 'I guess I'm looking for the closest town... and some pants! But I suppose it doesn't much matter, I'll wake up at home soon enough. I might as well take advantage of this crazy dream... can you show me someplace beautiful, or something amazing? We might as well have an adventure!'
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:26 PM   #22
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Rider: "An adventure? I suppose you are an adventurous young boy. Well, going to town may be an adventure, or we can take care of your pants first. I agree that pants are quite desirable at the moment. How do you propose that we find pants for you? I suppose we could hunt down an animal and do it the long way, or we could simply swipe a pair before heading into town. You are an American, I believe?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:48 PM   #23
the_matrix_walker

'Oh yeah, I'm as American as they come!' Peter thinks proudly.

"hmmn" Peter hums momentarily and thinks, 'how to get stuff to make clothes without even a basic kit...' he furrows his brow

'I'd rather not swipe anything, but I'm not much of a hunter. Is there anything me might be able to find in the woods someone in town might be willing to trade for clothes? ...no, that probably won't work, I don't have anything to carry stuff in... Unless you have a better idea, let's just head for town and see if an opportunity presents itself. Is it far?'
Old 02-04-2014, 03:54 PM   #24
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Rider: "There's not too much in the forest that is valuable other than animals, timber, and herbs. The herbs I'm not much good at gathering. The timber we don't have the supplies to obtain, and hunting ... Well, we could technically catch animals, but that would involve me doing a little more to you than just riding along. And the townsfolk would get a little suspicious of you -- normal people can't catch squirrels with their bare hands."

"As for the distance to town... its about six miles."

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 02-04-2014, 04:08 PM   #25
the_matrix_walker

'Doing something to me?' Peter thinks with a tingle of fear gathering a tingle to the nape of his neck. He pushes it back down, reassuring himself that this is just a very vivid dream. 'what do you mean?'
Old 02-05-2014, 02:56 PM   #26
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Rider: "I did not say I was a powerful being before hand for nothing. I can change what you are: what your shape is. I can change your nose to that of a bloodhound, your eyes to that of a hawk, and your shadow all that can be seen of you. Of course, I can change you back, and this requires your permission. There was a time when I wouldn't have needed it, but as I said, I was stuck back there."

Old 02-05-2014, 06:07 PM   #27
the_matrix_walker

'That sounds amazing and frightening.'

Don't be a wuss, it's a dream

'I want to try it!'
Old 02-06-2014, 02:45 PM   #28
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Rider: "Then let your mind open, and simply sense what is happening to you."

a tingling starts on Peter's face, and slowly spreads over the rest of his body. He can hear Goliath bark a few times, and the dogs cold nose on his hand. He can also feel a coolness coming over his nose, and his ears, and his hands: and a prickly feeling as well ...

Old 02-06-2014, 04:58 PM   #29
the_matrix_walker

Peter opens his mind and allows the change to occur... something he would never have done if he thought it was real. He drinks in the forest around him, taking delight in his enhanced senses. He then examines himself to see what changes he can without a mirror.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:00 PM   #30
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Peter looks at his hands ... and can't see them. In fact, he can't see any part of himself... except for his shadow. Goliath seems quite able to see him though. Either that or the dog has a sense of smell good enough that it didn't matter.

Feeling himself, his body had become hairier, his skin rougher, and his face had changed shape. His nose was wet. his teeth were sharper. His fingers had claws of some sort on them.

Tags
lost in dreams