Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-28-2023, 03:53 AM   #1811
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomenessofme1 View Post
Missing part of a sentence here.
Ah, good catch; I need to add that he hasn't yet publicly acknowledged it.

Quote:
Destructive Parry is unnecessary if you have Aura.
Nice to know; I'll need to edit that for the final version.

Quote:
I'm definitely not saying it's wrong, but this part seems weird for some reason.
Full damage out to 50 yards, can hit orbit at half damage if given the opportunity. Granted, maybe increasing 1/2D to x10 might be better overall, for full damage at full range. I see it as "he's not as powerful as he thinks he is."

Quote:
Points don't matter, so it's a minor quibble, but Switchable seems very odd here. There's no downside to your ST being constantly active, and you can already limit yourself however you want strength-wise.
Part of it was that I didn't want him going around at ST 25 or whatever full time, needing to focus to channel Super ST's lower score (and not racking up further disad points from lower HP). Might be a better way to handle that, though.

Quote:
This makes my inner min-maxer cry. That's not a criticism. Just something I wanted to say.
Care to elaborate? Either I don't have GCA set up to aggressively default stuff, or it didn't catch it if I do.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 07:28 AM   #1812
awesomenessofme1

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
Full damage out to 50 yards, can hit orbit at half damage if given the opportunity. Granted, maybe increasing 1/2D to x10 might be better overall, for full damage at full range. I see it as "he's not as powerful as he thinks he is."
Well, the issue is that 1/2D is assigned in reference to Max. If you only increase Max, shouldn't you get a discount on the enhancement? For that matter, where are you getting +70% from? Increased Range (LOS) is only +40% for something with a base range of 100 yards.
Quote:
Part of it was that I didn't want him going around at ST 25 or whatever full time, needing to focus to channel Super ST's lower score (and not racking up further disad points from lower HP). Might be a better way to handle that, though.
Doesn't really accomplish that mechanically, though. Because there are zero downsides to having higher ST all the time. Unless it has something like Uncontrollable, you always have the option to use exactly as much ST as you want. So he could just turn it on and never turn it off.
Quote:
Care to elaborate? Either I don't have GCA set up to aggressively default stuff, or it didn't catch it if I do.
Not a default thing, it's just that different Innate Attack skills have absolutely no mechanical distinction between them, so it feels a little wasteful to have multiple of you don't really need them for some reason. Like I said, points don't matter at all, so it's not a real criticism.
awesomenessofme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 01:03 AM   #1813
woweed

Quote:
Mantra (continued)

Known Superhuman Powers: Mantra is a sorceress whose power comes from two main sources. Most of her magic comes from manipulating ambient mystic energies (ecocentric magic), which she typically uses to manipulate the four elements (earth, air, fire, and water), phase through walls, turn invisible, fire bolts of eldritch energy, and create eldritch force shields. She is also proficient in the use of black magic, drawing energy from the unwilling to power her magic, often by killing small animals such as lizards. She does not like to use black magic, fearing she will become corrupted because of it. At present, she is still learning the basics of utilizing personal energies for various mental effects (egocentric magic) and calling upon extradimensional entities for various mystic effects (exocentric magic).

According to Archimage, Mantra will live for centuries. Whether this is because she will eventually learn to use magic to retard her aging or if sorcerers in her native universe naturally age slower is unknown. How that is affected by her migration across the timelines is also currently unknown.

Mantra has occasionally been able to increase her power by reciting her mantra – "Change. Growth. Power." – in her head or aloud. Most of the time this increase is temporary, but on several occasions the power increase has been permanent.

Mantra's native (Ultraverse) magic has one serious limitation: If a mage speaks her true name ("Lukasz") in her presence, her magic against that person and any resistances to that mage's magic are significantly hindered.
Other Abilities: Lukasz is a skilled warrior with over fifteen hundred years of experience. However, Eden's body lacks the muscle memory and strength to utilize these skills to their fullest extent. Lukasz is also a skilled investigator with an eye for detail.
Weapons and Paraphernalia: Mantra possesses the Sword of Fangs, a magic blade forged from the fangs of a dragon which is eternally sharp, able to pierce nearly any material, is unbreakable, and can change its shape to become a gold ring which can be worn as a bracelet. When carried by others, the sword can act as a compass leading its wielder to Mantra (or more accurately, Mantra's armor). It is possible the Sword of Fangs has other powers that have yet to be revealed.

Mantra's armor is bullet-proof, at least as far as conventional weapons are concerned. It also magically conforms to the wearer's shape.

Mantra's cloak acts as a gateway to a pocket dimension created by Archimage. The pocket dimension contains a castle which is filled with mystic artifacts and books on sorcery, the full extent of which has yet to be catalogued. She can also use the cloak to teleport great distances by traveling through its pocket dimension. In addition, the cloak can be used to intercept bullets fired at the wearer and redirect their paths to other

Mantra's mask acts as an amplifier of magic. Any sorcerer who wears the mask will have additional magical energy to draw from as well as being able to cast more powerful spells.

698 points
Attributes: ST 10 [0]; DX 12 [40]; IQ 13 [60]; HT 12 [20].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d-2/1d; BL 20 lbs.; HP 10 [0]; Will 16 [15]; Per 15 [10]; FP 12 [0]; Basic Speed 6.00 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0]; Dodge 10.
Languages: English (Native) (Native Language) [0]; Latin (Native) [6].
Cultural Familiarities: Western (Native) [0].
Advantages: Air/2 [20]; Appearance (Beautiful) [12]; Born Soldier 4 [20]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Danger Sense [15]; Earth/2 [20]; Energy/3 [60]; Extra Attack 1 [25]; Fit [5]; Increased Threshold 2.3 [13]; Legal Enforcement Powers (SHIELD) 2 [10]; Magery 4 (Suffers Metal Penalties, -20%) [36]; Martial Artist (Military) 4 [40]; Omnilingual (Magical, -10%) [36]; Racial Memory (Long-Lived) [20]; Safer Excess (+1 per 10 pts) [10]; Security Clearance ("Need-to-Know" on a Narrow Range) [5]; SHIELD Rank 0 [0]; Space/2 [40]; Water/2 [20]; Wealth (Comfortable) [10]; Wild Talent*1 (Emergencies Only, -30%; Focused: Magic, -20%; Wild Ability, +50%; Magical, -10%) [18].
Perks: Cloaked [1]; Masked [1]; Supersuit [1].
Disadvantages: Code of Honor (Soldier's) [-10]; Dependents (Gus and Evie, Children; No More than 15%; Loved Ones) (9) [-24]; Duty (to SHIELD) (12) [-10]; Enemy (Thanasi/Necromantra; Evil Twin; Hunter) (9) [-20]; Pacifism (Cannot Harm Innocents) [-10]; Secret Identity (Imprisonment) [-20].
Quirks: Dislikes Needing to Use Sex Appeal [-1]; Likes Whiskey, But Body Does Not [-1]; Name-Bound [-1]; Responsible [-1]; Uncertain How to Classify Sexuality [-1].
Skills: Acrobatics (H) DX+1 [8] – 13; Acting (A) IQ-1 [1] – 12; Body Language (A) Per+0 [2] – 15; Broadsword (A) DX+8 [16] – 20*; Climbing (A) DX+0 [2] – 12; Computer Operation/TL8 (E) IQ+0 [1] – 13; Current Affairs/TL8 (Headline News) (E) IQ+0 [1] – 13; Detect Lies (H) Per-1 [2] – 14; Expert Skill (Military Science) (H) IQ+1 [8] – 14; First Aid/TL8 (E) IQ+0 [1] – 13; Forced Entry (E) DX+0 [1] – 12; Guns/TL8 (Rifle) (E) DX+3 [12] – 16; Hiking (A) HT+0 [2] – 12; History (Last 1500 Years) (H) IQ+1 [8] – 14; Innate Attack (Beam) (E) DX+2 [4] – 14; Intelligence Analysis/TL8 (H) IQ+0 [4] – 13; Interrogation (A) IQ+1 [2] – 14†; Intimidation (A) Will+0 [2] – 16; Judo (H) DX+6 [12] – 18*; Jumping (E) DX+0 [1] – 12; Karate (H) DX+6 [12] – 18*; Law (US Superhuman) (H) IQ-1 [2] – 12; Leadership (A) IQ+5 [4] – 18‡; Lifting (A) HT+0 [2] – 12; Lip Reading (A) Per-1 [1] – 14; Observation (A) Per+1 [4] – 16; Research/TL8 (A) IQ-1 [1] – 12; Riding (Equines) (A) DX+0 [2] – 12; Running (A) HT+0 [2] – 12; Savoir-Faire (Military) IQ+4 [1] – 17‡; Search (A) Per-1 [1] – 14; Sex Appeal (A) HT+3 [1] – 15§; Shadowing (A) IQ+1 [4] – 14; Soldier/TL8 (A) IQ+5 [4] – 18‡; Stealth (A) DX+5 [4] – 17*; Streetwise (A) IQ-1 [1] – 12; Swimming (E) HT+0 [1] – 12; Tactics (A) IQ+6 [12] – 19‡; Thaumatology (VH) IQ+1 [1] – 14#; Throwing (A) DX+0 [2] – 12; Tracking (A) Per+1 [4] – 16; Wrestling (A) DX+7 [12] – 19*.
Magical Realm Skills: Air (VH) IQ+3 [4] – 16#; Earth (VH) IQ+3 [4] – 16#; Energy (VH) IQ+5 [12] – 18#; Space (VH) IQ+1 [1] – 14#; Water (VH) IQ+3 [4] – 16#.
Starting Spending Money: $8,000 (20% of Starting Wealth).

* Includes +4 from Martial Arts (Military).
† Defaulted from Intimidation.
‡ Includes +4 Born Soldier.
§ Includes +4 from Appearance (Beautiful)
# Includes +4 from Magery.

Role-Playing Notes:
Once obsessed with regaining a male body, Lukasz has grudgingly accepted that he has to live as Eden; s/he is still uncomfortable as a woman, especially around men who cannot see past a pretty face and an hourglass figure. Likewise, s/he's not quite sure how to handle lesbians who hit on "her". With the kids learning that their mother is Mantra, it has lifted a weight off his/her chest s/he did not really know was there.

Lukasz has fifteen hundred years of experience as a soldier (reflected in the Talents), but despite his/her actions as Mantra is still in many ways a novice in magic, with only second-hand information gleaned from Archimage and Katinya on the theory. Still, s/he is a fast learner, when s/he puts his/her mind to it.

Design Notes:
1. Earth-93050 diverged from Earth-93060/the Malibu Ultraverse just prior to the Black September event. In UltraForce v1 #8 (cover date May 1995), Dane Whitman/Black Knight crossed over from the mainstream Marvel Universe (Earth-616) to the Ultraverse. Earth-93050 is my personal designation for the Ultraverse that diverged when the Black Knight never appeared and Black September never happened. (Thor's and Loki's appearances in the Godwheel crossover are more likely to be the diverging point, but the Black Knight's appearance is the more notable point of divergence on Earth proper. That said, the Thor and Loki appearances can easily be chalked up to Ultraverse counterparts native to the Godwheel rather than the Earth-616 versions depicted.)
2. Oy vey, pronoun time! In many ways, Mantra was trans before trans was accepted, being a man's mind in a woman's body. However, I do not feel comfortable using "they" as a unisex pronoun (might just be my old age, though). In Mantra's case, I attempted to standardize with what would have been used in Mantra v1 during the early '90s before Marvel bought Malibu: "He" for Lukasz in his original and rebuilt bodies (as well as all the identities he used and discarded during the intervening 1500-ish years), and "she" for Eden and the combined Mantra identities, as the characters used in the comics. I hope this does not offend anyone.
3. I still need to stat up her cloak (worst case scenario, use the same stats as Devil-Slayer's Shadow Cloak), her armor, and the Sword of Fangs.
4. The price of Magery includes the cost of Magery 0 (Suffers Metal Penalties, -20%) [4]; it just looked weird placing them on the sheet together.
5. "Racial Memory (Long-Lived)" is courtesy of Christopher Rice's blog.
I think conventional practice is to use the pronouns of the mind, not the body. Although, that varies from person to person. I guess the question is, what would Lukasz choose to go by?
woweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 08:16 PM   #1814
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by woweed View Post
I think conventional practice is to use the pronouns of the mind, not the body. Although, that varies from person to person. I guess the question is, what would Lukasz choose to go by?
That's a really good question. To be fair, Lukasz/Eden/Mantra was trans before trans was grudgingly accepted to exist, if at all (at least on this side of the pond), and half the title was focused on Lukasz's desire to return to being a man (especially after it was revealed Eden's mind and soul still resided in their shared body), but essentially ended with Lukasz (grudgingly) accepting "I have to live as a woman".

The 25-30 year difference between the time the character was published and now has seen a lot of changes. It's hard to say just how the character would see hirself "now".

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Old 07-07-2023, 08:21 PM   #1815
Phantasm

DRAGONESS

Occupation: Bartender, professional criminal; former warehouse menial laborer.
Identity: Known to the authorities.
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with a criminal record.
Other Aliases: None.
Place of Birth: Unrevealed.
Marital Status: Single.
Known Relatives: None.
Group Affiliation: Employee of the Los Angeles Bar With No Name; former employee of Dr. Karl Malus.
Base of Operations: Los Angeles, California.
History: Little is known about the past of the mutant criminal known as Dragoness. What she has described has not yet been verified. According to her own account, Tammy Kurtz was a mutant who discovered her powers in her teens, but never used them for anything of note. She spent several years laboring in the Los Angeles area warehouse for one of the largest online retail outlets in the world before she was abducted by a mad scientist who grafted a set of bionic wings to her skeleton and nervous system.

She was first seen robbing an armored car and attempting to fly off with two duffel bags filled with cash before she was intercepted by Spider-Woman, who had witnessed the robbery (see Spider-Woman). Although she flew away during the fracas, she was forced to leave behind one of the bags. Spider-Woman tracked her to her destination, the underground laboratory of criminal scientist Dr. Karl Malus, presumably the scientist who had "gifted" Dragoness with her wings (see Malus, Dr. Karl). The two women fought, causing an electrical fire in the lab with their combined electric blasts; Dragoness flew away with Dr. Malus in her arms as Spider-Woman worked to put out the fire.

Dragoness was later seen alongside Dr. Malus's other test subjects turned henchmen: Armadillo, Angar the Screamer, and the misshapen Misfit as they worked together in protecting him during a later encounter with Spider-Woman (see Angar the Screamer; Armadillo; Misfit). Apparently feeling disgusted with themselves, Armadillo and Dragoness turned on Malus, resulting in Malus's arrest, as well as their own.

Dragoness was later seen tending the bar at the Los Angeles Bar With No Name, an establishment for the costumed criminal element to network and relax; presumably she was out on bail or the charges dropped (see Bar With No Name). Whether this was a temporary gig between criminal endeavors or a permanent change of occupation is yet to be seen.
Height: 5' 7".
Weight: 130 lbs.
Eyes: Hazel.
Hair: Auburn.
Other Distinguishing Features: Dragoness possesses large bionic wings, spanning fifteen feet when fully extended, surgically attached to her shoulder blades, and her fingers end in sharp claws. The wings possess a large spike on each of the "wrists" (roughly where the thumb would be on a hand).
Uniform: Green scaled long sleeved shirt which bares the midriff, green scaled tights, green gloves, green boots, metallic purple bracers, metallic purple utility belt, metallic gold winged half-mask with a red visor. Presumably she owns a variation which covers her entire body for slightly cooler climates.
Strength Level: Dragoness possesses the normal human strength of a woman of her age, height, and build who engages in moderate regular exercise.
Known Superhuman Powers: Dragoness is a mutant who naturally generates intense levels of bioelectricity. She is able to shoot bolts of electricity which can incapacitate or kill a person. She is also able to sheathe her hands in her bioelectricity to deliver these effects by touch.

Her bionic wings enable her to fly at speeds up to 60 mph, providing enough lift to permit her to carry at least her own body weight aloft. The wings are designed to be as light and strong as possible; the framework extending from her back is composed of an advanc+ed non-ferrous alloy composed of magnesium and titanium, among other materials, with a gold-titanium alloy used at the shoulder blades, and membranes composed of an experimental aluminum-treated polymer. The edges of the wings and the spikes on the wings' wrists are sharpened, allowing her to cut or stab with them as needed. Her wings act and react as if a natural part of her body. Apparently, her wings are powered off her body's own mutant bioelectricity.

473 points
Attributes: ST 10/14 [0*]; DX 13 [60]; IQ 11 [20]; HT 13 [30].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d-2/1d (1d/2d); BL 20 lbs. (39 lbs.); HP 10 [0]; Will 11 [0]; Per 12 [5]; FP 13 [0]; Basic Speed 6.50 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0]; Basic Air Move 10 [-6]; Dodge 9.
Languages: English (Native) (Native Language) [0].
Cultural Familiarities: Western [0].
Advantages: 3D Spatial Sense [10]; Affliction 6 (Electric Bolt) (HT-5; Damage Modifier: Surge, +20%; Increased 1/2D Range Χ5, +10%; Rapid Fire: RoF 2, +40%; Reduced Range Χ1/2, -10%; Variable, +5%; Elemental: Electricity, -10%; Mutant, -10%; Alternative Attack, Χ1/5) [18]; Affliction 6 (Shocking Grasp) (HT-5; Armor Divisor (3), +100%; Damage Modifier: Surge, +20%; Incapacitation: Seizure, +100%; Melee Attack: Dual, +10%; Melee Attack: Reach C, -30%; Stunning, +10%; Variable, +5%; Elemental: Electricity -10%; Mutant, -10%) [177]; Burning Attack 6d (Electric Bolt) (Damage Modifier: Surge, +20%; Increased 1/2D Range Χ5, +10%; Rapid Fire: RoF 2, +40%; Reduced Range Χ1/2, -10%; Variable, +5%; Elemental: Electricity, -10%; Mutant, -10%; Alternative Attack, Χ1/5) [9]; Burning Attack 6d (Shocking Grasp) (Armor Divisor (3), +100%; Damage Modifier: Surge, +20%; Melee Attack: Destructive Parry, +10%; Melee Attack: Dual, +10%; Melee Attack: Reach C, -30%; Variable, +5%; Elemental: Electricity, -10%; Mutant, -10%; Alternative Attack, Χ1/5) [12]; Claws (Sharp Claws) [5]; Damage Resistance 10 (Partial: Wings Only, -20%) [40]; Enhanced Move (Air) 1.5 (Air Move 30/60 mph; Electronic, -30%) [21]; Fit [5]; Flight (Winged, -25%; Electronic, -30%) [18]; Lifting ST +4 (Accessibility: Only When Flying, -10%) [11]; Striker (Cutting; Wings) (Long +2, +200%; Thrusting Blade, +15%; Electronic, -30%) [20]; Striking ST +4 (One Attack Only: Wing Strikers, -60%) [8].
Perks: Generator [1]; Job Hunter [1]; Permit (Forklift Operator) [1].
Disadvantages: Overconfidence (12) [-5]; Pacifism (Reluctant Killer) [-5]; Social Stigma (Criminal Record) [-5]; Social Stigma (Freak) [-10]; Stubbornness [-5]; Wealth (Struggling) [-10].
Quirks: Attentive [-1]; Foul-Mouthed [-1]; Sarcastic [-1]; Slightly Unusual Biochemistry [-1]; Sunburns Easily [-1].
Skills: Aerobatics (H) DX+3 [8] – 16†; Body Language (A) Per+0 [2] – 12; Brawling (E) DX+2 [4] – 15; Carousing (E) HT+0 [1] – 13; Computer Operation/TL8 (E) IQ+1 [2] – 12; Current Affairs/TL8 (E) IQ+0 [1] – 11; Driving/TL8 (A) DX-1 [1] – 12; Flight (A) HT+1 [4] – 14; Innate Attack (Beam) (E) DX+1 [2] – 14; Lifting (A) HT+1 [4] – 14; Lip Reading (A) Per+0 [2] – 12; Navigation/TL8 (Land) (A) IQ+2 [1] – 13‡; Observation (A) Per+0 [2] – 12; Professional Skill (Bartender) (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12; Search (A) Per+0 [2] – 12; Smuggling (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12; Speed-Reading (A) IQ-1 [1] – 10; Tracking (A) Per+0 [2] – 12; Typing (E) DX+0 [1] – 13; Wrestling (A) DX+1 [4] – 14.
Starting Spending Money: $2,000 (20% of Starting Wealth).

* Includes +4 from Lifting ST and +4 from Striking ST.
† Includes +2 from 3D Spatial Sense.
‡ Includes +3 from 3D Spatial Sense.

Role-Playing Notes:
Dragoness is currently only a criminal through circumstance. She isn't greedy, but due to her situation is not one to turn down a job, despite the legality or lack of. She doesn't hate Spider-Woman (yet).

Last edited by Phantasm; 07-08-2023 at 07:27 AM.
Old 07-07-2023, 09:40 PM   #1816
awesomenessofme1

Quote:
Affliction 6 (Shocking Grasp) (HT-5; Armor Divisor (3), +100%; Damage Modifier: Surge, +20%; Incapacitation: Seizure, +100%; Melee Attack: Destructive Parry, +10%; Melee Attack: Dual, +10%; Melee Attack: Reach C, -30%; Stunning, +10%; Variable, +5%; Elemental: Electricity -10%; Mutant, -10%) [183]
Based on the description in PU4, I don't think Destructive Parry can apply to Afflictions. It explicitly talks about damage.
Quote:
Burning Attack 6d (Electric Bolt) (HT-5; Damage Modifier: Surge, +20%; Increased 1/2D Range Χ5, +10%; Rapid Fire: RoF 2, +40%; Reduced Range Χ1/2, -10%; Variable, +5%; Elemental: Electricity, -10%; Mutant, -10%; Alternative Attack, Χ1/5) [9]
The HT-5 part is a typo of some kind, I assume?
Quote:
Lifting ST +4 (Accessibility: Only When Flying, -10%) [11]
I think I understand what you're trying to do, but I don't think it would work, would it? I imagine it's not supposed to let her lift more with her actual arms.
Old 07-08-2023, 07:25 AM   #1817
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomenessofme1 View Post
Based on the description in PU4, I don't think Destructive Parry can apply to Afflictions. It explicitly talks about damage.

The HT-5 part is a typo of some kind, I assume?
Good catches! I'll adjust. (Edit: Adjusted!)

Quote:
I think I understand what you're trying to do, but I don't think it would work, would it? I imagine it's not supposed to let her lift more with her actual arms.
The idea that I'm working with here is that she can carry an average weight adult man while aloft (though currently it looks to get her at Heavy Encumbrance doing so), but has issues dead-lifting/bench-pressing that much weight. Is there another way to handle that?

Last edited by Phantasm; 07-08-2023 at 07:31 AM.
Old 07-08-2023, 12:21 PM   #1818
awesomenessofme1

Quote:
The idea that I'm working with here is that she can carry an average weight adult man while aloft (though currently it looks to get her at Heavy Encumbrance doing so), but has issues dead-lifting/bench-pressing that much weight. Is there another way to handle that?
I might add something like "Only for encumbrance", as long as you assume that carrying someone in your arms still counts as encumbrance. Tough to say. And I'm not sure how I'd price that. It could have appeared somewhere already.
Old 07-11-2023, 05:43 PM   #1819
OldSam

This Handbook is so awesome, impressive job! :)

I do not know much about the different Marvel timelines etc., so maybe the question does not really fit to the current plans, but anyways... ;-)

Being a fan of the X-Men team I grew up with, especially remembering the animated series from the 90s, I was wondering if Storm and Gambit will be added in the future, too?
OldSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 04:48 AM   #1820
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSam View Post
This Handbook is so awesome, impressive job! :)

I do not know much about the different Marvel timelines etc., so maybe the question does not really fit to the current plans, but anyways... ;-)

Being a fan of the X-Men team I grew up with, especially remembering the animated series from the 90s, I was wondering if Storm and Gambit will be added in the future, too?
Storm is currently in Black Panther's cast and crew; I liked the idea of those two getting together, but hated the retcon of them romancing each other as teens when there was no prior indication of it in past comics when they met. She's currently listed as "Wind-Rider", her old African epithet, since it was Xavier who gave her the name "Storm".

Gambit is a harder one to work in, but I may have something in the works. He does not work as a Xavier Institute student in this Reboot, but since I'm moving Cloak and Dagger to New Orleans, Gambit works as a frenemy of theirs. I just don't have anything written out for any of them just yet.

Tags
avengers, captain america, captain marvel, chandley, character creation, chargen, iron man, marvel, phantasm, supers, thor, x-men