Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 12-06-2005, 02:38 PM   #1
Leviathan

Default Online Games?

Long time Lurker, brand new Member here. I noticed two moderators mentioned Online In Nomine games in the last post. This piqued my interest. Are you refering to a MUSH, a Java Chat, or a Play-by-Forum game? I'm curious because I'm spent an enormous amount of time trying to get In Nomine games going through OpenRPG, but to no avail. All they really play with any regularity is 3.5 over there. I would definitely be interested in getting involved in a good online In Nomine game or two. Thoughts? Suggestions? Words of wisdom from Beth?

- Leviathan
Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 02:43 PM   #2
Fade

Default Re: Online Games?

I play in a few different online games of In Nomine right now, in various environments. Most of them I get into the way I would a face-to-face game; someone I know decides to run a campaign, and offers me a place (or calls for players when I happen to be around). The online ones usually come from some IRC channel or chat room where I already know people; for example, one game I'm in is being run in the PyraMOO, which you have to be a subscriber to Pyramid to visit.

What sorts of online game methods are you usually happiest with? I can't think of any with open applications right now off the top of my head, but there's a world of difference between journal games, an actual In Nomine-themed MUSH, and a regular In Nomine game that happens to be played online instead of in person. I haven't tried PbeMs myself, so I couldn't comment on those types.
Fade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:43 PM   #3
Leviathan

Thanks for the response Fade. I prefer the Java/MUSH format and the standard format(just a normal In Nomine game run online through whatever chat program is available) the most. The latter more than the former though.

- Leviathan
Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:58 PM   #4
Fade

If you want a standard tabletop game online (which is my favorite format as well), your best bet is probably to find some online community with interested people; easier if you're running a campaign, less so if you specifically want to play. It sounds like you may have already tried that, in which case you might want to look into asking around in the forum here for finding other gamers to see if you can find similarly inclined In Nomine fans who want to do a game online on some mutually accessible IRC server or the like. Again, it's easier if you're GMing than playing: it's a lot easier to round up a few interested players than someone to run a campaign in a setting of your choice.

I wish I could offer better advice, but I mostly get into In Nomine games by having several friends who are already fans, and thus inclined to run campaigns. It's harder to work from the ground up. On the plus side, if you can find some other amiable In Nomine fans (or potential fans willing to give it a shot) with a common online meeting place, it'll be that much easier to get the second and third campaigns going.

You might also try offering to run a one-shot rather than an entire campaign, if you have access to gamers online but they're not interested in a whole game based around that setting. It's a much lower level of commitment, and if they're not interested after running through a single session and adventure, no one's lost much. If they are interested, potential players for a campaign!
Fade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:34 AM   #5
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

This is where I plug the free IN Lite adventure, The Sorcerer's Impediments, isn't it?
Old 12-07-2005, 11:55 AM   #6
RadLilim

I'm in one PBeM game which is ver slow (like a post from one person a month or so), but it's still fun. The other game I'm in is journal based (Greatest Journal at the moment), which allows for more exploring characters and very little actual combat or dice involoved situations.

I have thoughts on running one in the future, just not sure how soon.

If you are thinking of running one, you might be able to drum up players here or at the email list. I know I can always fit in another In Nomine game. *g*

Wanna buy one? - Radueriel, Free Lilim
RadLilim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
net play