Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > SJ Games Discussion

Old 09-25-2021, 02:22 PM   #11
Tom H.

Default Re: kudos to SJ Games

It troubles me to say that I find the timing of this thread ironic in light of recent events.

There seems to be some lack of respect for the opinion of supporters of this company.

For example, recently on Sep. 12 the Daily Illuminator featured "Like Steve Jackson Games On Facebook Today."

A forum user followed by myself replied to that topic with brief, innocuous comments of how we visit the Steve Jackson Games site more frequently than we do Facebook.

Within two days, those comments were completely removed.

I've reconstructed the exchange from memory to give you a sense of their civility.

Quote:
Some user:
I currently frequent the Illuminator and the forums more now than I do Facebook. Maybe I’m an outlier.

Me:
Agreed. If you’re an outlier, then so am I.
Rather than incite a kerfuffle on these forums, on Sep. 16 I decided to write to two individuals at the company in hopes of better understanding this matter.

While not explicitly asking for a response, I have yet to receive any clarification on the intent of this action.

Without such insight, I will assume that the company now values concentrated marketing platforms in preference to the longevity of loyal fans.

Compounding matters, I'm saddened because in anticipation of receiving the new Car Wars 6 Edition, I was hoping to be more enthusiastic about participating in future forum discussions.
Tom H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 02:38 PM   #12
Mack_JB

Perhaps the deletions are more understandable when viewed in the light that the Daily Illuminator posts are announcements, not discussion threads?
Mack_JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 04:11 PM   #13
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom H. View Post
Compounding matters, I'm saddened because in anticipation of receiving the new Car Wars 6 Edition, I was hoping to be more enthusiastic about participating in future forum discussions.
Discussions are welcome and encouraged.

Comments and posts that exist solely to deride and insult others, including those things others may enjoy and participate in, are not welcome and will be deleted when spotted. They do nothing to extend the conversation and only derail a topic.

There is a dramatic difference between participating in a conversation and posting to belittle and abuse the things someone else likes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
Perhaps the deletions are more understandable when viewed in the light that the Daily Illuminator posts are announcements, not discussion threads?
Regardless of where something is posted on our forums, we are not going to be a safe harbor for abusive and insulting posts. Attacking a form of entertainment that someone else enjoys is unwelcome here.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote