Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2021, 12:28 PM   #281
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Bartering for a service... The guy asks if you can place ten bugs in the house of the current high priest over architecture.
Vassarious thinks this could be useful to them as well, as the high priest in question may have information that could be helpful in the process of restoring the temple's proper patterns... So will take the gig in exchange for an appropriate identity and the travel papers to bring Halcyone to the capital. Vassarious will need a location to pick up the listening devices and the address of the domicile.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 04:29 PM   #282
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The temple doesn't have its own lighting. Halcyone fades to match the rock, and waits for Kunnifax, weapon in one hand, food in the other.


Is she waiting inside or outside of the gate?
I suppose I was unclear, on the inside of the gate. I'd like to hear him coming; surely the gate isn't too quiet.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 10:19 AM   #283
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious thinks this could be useful to them as well, as the high priest in question may have information that could be helpful in the process of restoring the temple's proper patterns... So will take the gig in exchange for an appropriate identity and the travel papers to bring Halcyone to the capital. Vassarious will need a location to pick up the listening devices and the address of the domicile.
The contact provides a drop-spot to get the listening devices, as well as the address. Its at the top of a large skyscraper on the edge of the business district closest to the temple district. Its about four miles from the temple district, so quite a ways from where you are now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I suppose I was unclear, on the inside of the gate. I'd like to hear him coming; surely the gate isn't too quiet.
Halcyone hears the gate creak and then break, and Kunnifax enters. She can see the beam of his flashlight in the dark, and hears him give a small exclamation when he shines on on the temple.

He is behind the flashlight, of course, so she can't see him 100%, but she can tell where he is, and that he has a sword in the hand without the flashlight.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 06:16 PM   #284
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Vassarious gathers their things and returns to air elemental form to travel quickly and stealthily to the vicinity of the pickup.

Vassarious will keep an eye out for someone very nondescript who is leaving the area, then locates a private spot to change and takes on the Genisis from, but makes a few changes, removing appearance [15], wings [30] and enhanced move [20] with Enhanced Dodge [15], Extra Attack [25], DR 5 (Tough Skin) [15] and +5 HP [10], and resembling the nondescript sample person.
Vassarious will spend 4 FP for +4 skill (net -2, final skill 12) for the improvised form. They fail the first time but will wait until the fatigue is recovered and try again, succeeding on the repeated attempt.

Vassarious will take a break and lay low to rest to full FP recovery, and will commit this form to memory.

Once thus disguised and recovered, Vassarious will make the pickup and go find a secluded spot to return to elemental form to break into the target's address.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 07:53 PM   #285
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Halcyone hears the gate creak and then break, and Kunnifax enters. She can see the beam of his flashlight in the dark, and hears him give a small exclamation when he shines on on the temple.

He is behind the flashlight, of course, so she can't see him 100%, but she can tell where he is, and that he has a sword in the hand without the flashlight.
And here was me worrying that he'd attempt to impersonate Thelo or something. I'll try to reposition myself closer to the entrance so I can trip him.

Quote:
[153] 21-12-02 01:52:57 GMT
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
4 + 1 + 5 = 10 ... success
Cool, success by 11.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 11:48 AM   #286
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious gathers their things and returns to air elemental form to travel quickly and stealthily to the vicinity of the pickup.

Vassarious will spend 4 FP for for the improvised form. They fail the first time but will wait until the fatigue is recovered and try again, succeeding on the repeated attempt.

Vassarious will take a break and lay low to rest to full FP recovery, and will commit this form to memory.
It takes 80 minutes to recover, correct? Or do you have something to get back FP more quickly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
And here was me worrying that he'd attempt to impersonate Thelo or something. I'll try to reposition myself closer to the entrance so I can trip him.
Kunifax shines his light around the dark cave and temple, looking for
Halcyone. She moves quietly to near the gate, where she is sure he will walk by.*

He's within two yards of Halcyone, going back towards the gate. Now is the moment.

*don't want to loose +3 to try and creep up on him, I think your motive is? but your stealth is 15, not 16. He makes his roll by 9... so you win. by one.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 02:05 PM   #287
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Kunifax shines his light around the dark cave and temple, looking for
Halcyone. She moves quietly to near the gate, where she is sure he will walk by.*
Oh, I thought there was a corridor or something Kunnifax would need to traverse that I could ambush at. Anyway:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
He's within two yards of Halcyone, going back towards the gate. Now is the moment.
Right. I guess he has no defense? I'll grab at his torso with 2 arms (so with 1 arm holding a knife that leaves three arms free.)
Quote:
[155] 21-12-02 20:00:17 GMT
Judo (at -2 for deceptive attack)
3d6 <= 15
4 + 1 + 4 = 9 ... success
Next I'll try to bring him to the ground:
Quote:
[156] 21-12-02 20:03:27 GMT
Strength Quick Contest

-3d6 +21 <= 0
- 6 - 3 - 1 + 21 = 11 ... failure
I'll wait to see how he fares against that before deciding the third attack.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 04:37 PM   #288
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
It takes 80 minutes to recover, correct? Or do you have something to get back FP more quickly?
8 successful breath control rolls make that 16 minutes (two 8 min periods, as they recovered between attempts).
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 08:26 AM   #289
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Oh, I thought there was a corridor or something Kunnifax would need to traverse that I could ambush at. Anyway:


Right. I guess he has no defense? I'll grab at his torso with 2 arms (so with 1 arm holding a knife that leaves three arms free.)

Next I'll try to bring him to the ground:

I'll wait to see how he fares against that before deciding the third attack.
Kunnifax is almost as strong as Halcyone, and spreads his feet to take a solid stance against her takedown, even in the dark. He stays up.. barely


Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
8 successful breath control rolls make that 16 minutes (two 8 min periods, as they recovered between attempts).
Thought there was something like that. Part of ultimate style, I take it?


Vassarious is able to arrive at the target's address in elemental form.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 08:56 AM   #290
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Kunnifax is almost as strong as Halcyone, and spreads his feet to take a solid stance against her takedown, even in the dark. He stays up.. barely
I'll grab a hold of that sword arm with another two arms.
Quote:
[167] 21-12-03 14:52:07 GMT
Judo (-2 for arm)
3d6 <= 15
4 + 1 + 6 = 11 ... success
So that leaves me at:
-> Two holding the torso
-> Potentially two holding an arm
-> One holding a knife
-> And one free
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.