Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2021, 12:38 PM   #221
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Ingelni: "I would not expect the priests to know how to modify maximus's tomb to achieve any effect: he is that much better at architecture than anyone else. He would have left a record of the proper structure, with backups. That would also be in the hands of the priests... but there may be backups."


Ingelni: "The best way to verify your story would be to place a spy in the priesthood, or locate a priest who is willing to talk. At least the part about the Emperor being trapped. For the ambassador beyond the empire... can you give any signs of such a person? how would they prove themselves? If they came to me, how would I identify them?"
"The ambassador is continuing their own investigation, I would assume. If you would like, I can take a message to deliver if the opportunity presents itself. I am not sure if I will be contacted again now that I have fulfilled my role and passed on this information to you.

As to how the ambassador might prove themselves, I'm not sure. I sensed no falsehood but what motivation could there be to lie? The explanation certainly fits the state of things.

I hope you will look into this. I thank you for your time, Governor."


Once Vassarious is able to leave the meeting, they will set about seeking out the caves and check the references for the portals and fighting situations along the route.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 09:10 AM   #222
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"I see... Did the raids getting stopped near the entrances or somewhere in the middle of the cave complex? Is it likely the artillery would have trashed some of the passages?"

Most of the raids were stopped about half a mile from the entrances, though a few were stopped in the middle.



"There have been explosions within the caves that have caused cave-ins, as well as some cave-ins from explosions above."



Quote:
Hm... I suppose this gives the option of not having to cross no man's land to enter the cave complex... I suppose now it would be a matter of persuading Rubrum to give me leave to go investigate these caves.
How will you go about this task?



Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"The ambassador is continuing their own investigation, I would assume. If you would like, I can take a message to deliver if the opportunity presents itself. I am not sure if I will be contacted again now that I have fulfilled my role and passed on this information to you.

As to how the ambassador might prove themselves, I'm not sure. I sensed no falsehood but what motivation could there be to lie? The explanation certainly fits the state of things.

I hope you will look into this. I thank you for your time, Governor."
Ingelni looks thoughtful as V leaves the meeting, pondering what to do and what to believe.



As V is leaving the building, a man wearing all black pulls out a pistol and fires at V. Go ahead and roll danger sense and perception to not be surprised.



Quote:
Once Vassarious is able to leave the meeting, they will set about seeking out the caves and check the references for the portals and fighting situations along the route.
Remind me of this after I'm done shooting at V.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 11:03 AM   #223
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Danger Sense (14) | 6 + 3 + 4 = 13 ... success.

Acrobatics (for acrobatic dodge) (14) | 6 + 5 + 5 = 16 ... failure.

Dodge (8 (10, -2 for failed acrobatics)) | 1 + 3 + 1 = 5 ... success.

Vassarious tries to flip away and a slip of the foot throws them off balance, but they are still able to avoid the bullet.

How far away is the attacker? We're on the front steps of the capitol building, are there police/military forces reacting to this sudden gunfire? How crowded is the area?
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 11:25 AM   #224
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Security seems to be mostly already very near light cover, stepping into it and raising either their guns or their radios... mostly their radios. They do not seem surprised ... probably what tipped V off to be cautious, come to think of it.


The civilians are much more alarmed, and begin screaming and looking for cover to run to. There are a lot of civilians, but they are pretty spread out: maybe one every 20 feet, with just a few bunched up together.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 03:33 PM   #225
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Vassarious takes evasive action as they run for cover and begin the transformation into their air elemental form.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 05:39 PM   #226
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Halcyone isn't quite sure about leaks at headquarters when Rubrum starts talking about getting information from the front near the Sabuleum gate. she has eleminated a good three quarters of the officers from her "most suspicious" list, but has been focusing on getting Rubrum near the caverns.
Is Rubrum on the "most suspicious" list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
How will you go about this task?
Well unless I have reason not to trust Rubrum, I'll take a direct approach and give him the same story as with Thelo, albeit with the addition that I need to visit the nearby caves.
Quote:
[105] 21-11-01 22:31:41 GMT
Memetics! (To Persuade)
3d6 <= 15
3 + 6 + 5 = 14 ... success
[106] 21-11-01 22:32:10 GMT
Acting (as I'm holding out info)
3d6 <= 15
2 + 5 + 5 = 12 ... success
If this is insufficiently persuasive, I'd like to estimate his reaction if I explained everything.
Quote:
[107] 21-11-01 22:38:32 GMT
Memetics! (to estimate)
3d6 <= 15
6 + 5 + 6 = 17 ... failure
And I guess I don't know.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 10:42 AM   #227
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious takes evasive action as they run for cover and begin the transformation into their air elemental form.

The man in black runs towards V as he fires twice more. He's about 10 yards away. The bullets hit closer than V would like, but they miss. She notices he has a short sword strapped to his chest.


second 1 of 10 complete.



The man continues running closer and firing. Two bullets threaten to hit.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Is Rubrum on the "most suspicious" list?

Well unless I have reason not to trust Rubrum, I'll take a direct approach and give him the same story as with Thelo, albeit with the addition that I need to visit the nearby caves.
He is not on the "Most Suspicious List"


He listens to the theory, then says... "Intelligence indicates otherwise. The emperor woke up a few days ago and we just found out. I'll be video conferencing with the general staff all today. The tour is on hold. I can't think of worse news. We're probably headed back in the evening"


He delivers it gruffly, without emotion.



Halcyone will be able to get some time to explore the caves if she wants ... If she acts quickly.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 11:11 AM   #228
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
He listens to the theory, then says... "Intelligence indicates otherwise. The emperor woke up a few days ago and we just found out. I'll be video conferencing with the general staff all today. The tour is on hold. I can't think of worse news. We're probably headed back in the evening"


He delivers it gruffly, without emotion.
I guess the fake (?) emperor V woke up is still up and about. And there are either spies in the temple complex or he's held a press conference...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Halcyone will be able to get some time to explore the caves if she wants ... If she acts quickly.
Well let's go! Will I be waved on through or will I need to find a way to get past the frontlines?
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 12:55 PM   #229
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Spoiler:  

Is this attacker firing without regard for the surrounding people?

Vassarious spins and darts between the shots and runs for some kind of cover, the crowd, foliage, buildings... anything. If they can manage to disrupt the line of sight, Vassarious will try and cloud themselves from their attacker's view with invisibility art.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 10:25 AM   #230
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I guess the fake (?) emperor V woke up is still up and about. And there are either spies in the temple complex or he's held a press conference...
They have spies... I should have had Rubrum say something about "that's secret, don't spread it until the general public finds out. We don't want a crisis any earlier than necessary"


Quote:
Well let's go! Will I be waved on through or will I need to find a way to get past the frontlines?
You'll need a way past the frontlines (by which I think you mean the troops in the tunnels).



Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
(Margin on 1, dodges two shots)
Which is just what you needed. Both bullets miss. And I'd thought you'd already made that roll... thanks for making it.



Quote:
Is this attacker firing without regard for the surrounding people?
No, he seems to have arranged a clean line of fire.


Quote:
Vassarious spins and darts between the shots and runs for some kind of cover, the crowd, foliage, buildings... anything. If they can manage to disrupt the line of sight, Vassarious will try and cloud themselves from their attacker's view with invisibility art.
Roll Tradecraft! to find good cover/backdrops and slow the shooting (quick contest). If you succeed, roll invisibility art to add +2 to the contest.


The third second of shooting fires wide. You have seven seconds left before the transformation completes. Each point of victory on the roll will give you one second when he's not shooting.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.