Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2021, 11:33 AM   #871
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Is that the end of the meeting?
I think so. Daymar's jobs are to start subverting more people, and to connect with Hua to get a security guard to give up the keys to the armoury.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 12:09 PM   #872
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

I'll be helping with subversion, and I'll go fetch more uniforms and a first aid kit now. I'll change back into my regular uniform and ask someone to make sure my photorefraction's working before getting moving. I'll go raid the medical locker then I'll go fetch more uniforms.

Heading to the medical locker
Quote:
[585] 21-08-20 19:04:39 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
5 + 6 + 3 = 14 ... success
[586] 21-08-20 19:04:52 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
6 + 2 + 4 = 12 ... success
Picking the lock
Quote:
[587] 21-08-20 19:06:26 CEST
Lockpicking at -4
3d6 <= 10
1: 5 + 1 + 4 = 10 ... success
2: 6 + 4 + 2 = 12 ... failure
3: 6 + 5 + 6 = 17 ... failure
Well the first roll succeeded. On to stealing uniforms:
Quote:
[588] 21-08-20 19:06:52 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
1 + 5 + 4 = 10 ... success
[589] 21-08-20 19:07:19 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
2 + 3 + 3 = 8 ... success
Stash the items away and back to my bunk.
Quote:
[591] 21-08-20 19:09:06 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
6 + 4 + 1 = 11 ... success
[590] 21-08-20 19:08:55 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
2 + 4 + 1 = 7 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 04:46 AM   #873
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacifica will be spreading the gossips:

Pacifica's fast-talk:
3d6 <= 13
4 + 6 + 3 = 13 ... success.

OOC: TGLS, are you taking action during the 3rd shift (right after the meeting)?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 10:54 AM   #874
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
OOC: TGLS, are you taking action during the 3rd shift (right after the meeting)?
Yes I am, yes.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 12:52 PM   #875
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

OOC: Alright, thanks TGLS.

Pacifica is running the gossips progressively, so the information permeates from mission's start, to trigger the chain of events the party is looking for.

People is saying things about "the endgame", what are they talking about?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 02:16 PM   #876
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"I figure if when we decide to enter endgame we can give them maybe an hour's notice. Do we know if the officers have established contact with each other?"
You don't know if the subverted officers have made contact with each other. You gave one of them a list of "potential traitors" and asked him to investigate. That's very different from telling him for sure "These people are traitors". Each one he tries to hook up with risks blowing his new allegiance, so he needs to be sure. But few of the officers have actually acted yet, so he has a hard time being sure enough to hook up with them.


Take that as you will.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
People is saying things about "the endgame", what are they talking about?
Who is this to, when is it (In the evening after the meeting? ... its her off time) and what's the aim (I think its to increase paranoia on the ship?)


Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll be helping with subversion, and I'll go fetch more uniforms and a first aid kit now. I'll change back into my regular uniform and ask someone to make sure my photorefraction's working before getting moving. I'll go raid the medical locker then I'll go fetch more uniforms.

Heading to the medical locker

Picking the lock

Well the first roll succeeded. On to stealing uniforms:

Stash the items away and back to my bunk.
Hua steals the uniforms. Hopefully they are decent fits. Any particular section you targeted?


***********************************
When Daymar and Pacifica get back to their messes, they find the rooms abuzz with news: an entire mess of hyper-drive engineers has been arrested. Several sections, including shields, participated in the operation.

This is of course Daymars old section! roll acting to be properly surprised.

Other rumors are around: the medical bay is full, and it seems to be mostly the motive section... lots of theories on that are running around. Some think that their was a big fight that injured a lot of the motive section. Others think the officers poisoned some of the men in order to make them easier to arrest.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 08-23-2021 at 02:24 PM.
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 02:21 PM   #877
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) Who is this to, when is it (next breakfast?) and what's the aim (I think its to increase paranoia on the ship?)
OOC: Yes, since it is the third shift, it will be during breakfast or lunch (in the hub, with whom it is normal to talk about such things). Indeed, the aim is increasing the paranoia in the ship; to some extend I believe it can echo and reach the officers ears as well. At this point we are building momentum.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 03:35 PM   #878
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
When Daymar and Pacifica get back to their messes, they find the rooms abuzz with news: an entire mess of hyper-drive engineers has been arrested. Several sections, including shields, participated in the operation.

This is of course Daymars old section! roll acting to be properly surprised.
Daymar does his best to fake surprise, but may not be entirely convincing...

[596] 21-08-23 22:32:04 CEST

Acting

3d6 <= 14
6 + 6 + 4 = 16 ... failure

He says to Kivu, "Can you believe this? The whole ship is going to hell!"
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 04:31 PM   #879
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) When Daymar and Pacifica get back to their messes, they find the rooms abuzz with news (...) This is of course Daymars old section! roll acting to be properly surprised (...) Other rumors are around (...)
Pacifica leverages on this while spreading the rumor as planned; she also looks quite surprised with the news:

Pacifica's acting:
3d6 <= 15
5 + 2 + 2 = 9 ... success.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 04:39 PM   #880
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
You don't know if the subverted officers have made contact with each other. You gave one of them a list of "potential traitors" and asked him to investigate. That's very different from telling him for sure "These people are traitors". Each one he tries to hook up with risks blowing his new allegiance, so he needs to be sure. But few of the officers have actually acted yet, so he has a hard time being sure enough to hook up with them.


Take that as you will.



Who is this to, when is it (In the evening after the meeting? ... its her off time) and what's the aim (I think its to increase paranoia on the ship?)




Hua steals the uniforms. Hopefully they are decent fits. Any particular section you targeted?


***********************************
When Daymar and Pacifica get back to their messes, they find the rooms abuzz with news: an entire mess of hyper-drive engineers has been arrested. Several sections, including shields, participated in the operation.

This is of course Daymars old section! roll acting to be properly surprised.

Other rumors are around: the medical bay is full, and it seems to be mostly the motive section... lots of theories on that are running around. Some think that their was a big fight that injured a lot of the motive section. Others think the officers poisoned some of the men in order to make them easier to arrest.
I suppose I get similar news when I wake up? I'll pretend to be surprised. "They the hyperdrive breaks and they arrest engine people? I'm more surprised it took this long. I wonder if we're going to reach combat at this rate."

Quote:
[598] 21-08-23 23:38:38 CEST
Acting
3d6 <= 16 : 1 + 5 + 4 = 10 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.