Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2022, 03:25 PM   #1341
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Daymar is going to move towards the door where the guards are taking fire, he's trying to get eyes on the person(s) firing to use Suggestion to shut him/her/they down.

[902] 22-04-13 22:24:23 CEST

Stealth

3d6 <= 14
6 + 1 + 4 = 11 ... success

[903] 22-04-13 22:24:37 CEST

Observation

3d6 <= 13
6 + 6 + 4 = 16 ... failure
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 03:33 AM   #1342
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Would Pacifica please make a perception roll.
OOC:

Sure!
Observation/Perception
3d6 <= 14
3 + 5 + 1 = 9 ... success.

And if needed I also roll for acting and fast-talk:

(She does some acting to improve her fast-talk, remember she is prepared for this)

Pacifica (acting)
3d6 <= 15
4 + 6 + 4 = 14 ... success

Pacifica (fast-talk) LUCK 1
3d6 <= 13
3 + 2 + 6 = 11 ... success
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 08:45 AM   #1343
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Observation/Perception
3d6 <= 14
3 + 5 + 1 = 9 ... success.
Pacifica spots that it is indeed Vinobi, and he's armed with a laser pistol.

What does Pacifica say? The story rehearsed earlier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well, wanted to be sure. I didn't remember saying so explicitly so I wasn't sure if this was nervous guards shooting at something else.

Up and over and through the fore hatch on C2. Hopefully nobody spots the opening hatch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar is going to move towards the door where the guards are taking fire, he's trying to get eyes on the person(s) firing to use Suggestion to shut him/her/they down.
Daymar runs to take cover and get a good view of the action: He seemingly picks the wrong angle. The guards shooting from the door call out "We have enemy contact!"

Sargent Pookivo shouts: "battle readiness! secure the hatches! B squad forward along the full width of the ship"

He looks at the dreadstormers, seemingly hoping for orders.

Hua has climbed up a ladder into the B2 compartment on deck five. She runs through the missile fuel in that area, near four missile repair personnel who haven't seen her yet but are somewhat curious about the sounds below and opening hatch.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 04-14-2022 at 08:50 AM.
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 09:12 AM   #1344
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
He looks at the dreadstormers, seemingly hoping for orders.
If I'm still in the room when he's looking for orders, I'll say: "Just try to hold them off until I start shooting at them from behind."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua has climbed up a ladder into the B2 compartment on deck five. She runs through the missile fuel in that area, near four missile repair personnel who haven't seen her yet but are somewhat curious about the sounds below and opening hatch.
I'll try to daze the lot of them before continuing on.
Quote:
[909] 22-04-14 16:12:19 CEST
Confuse
3d6 <= 15
1: 4 + 6 + 1 = 11 ... success
2: 1 + 2 + 4 = 7 ... success
3: 3 + 6 + 1 = 10 ... success
4: 5 + 6 + 6 = 17 ... failure
Uh oh.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 05:02 PM   #1345
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Daymar runs to take cover and get a good view of the action: He seemingly picks the wrong angle. The guards shooting from the door call out "We have enemy contact!"

Sargent Pookivo shouts: "battle readiness! secure the hatches! B squad forward along the full width of the ship"

He looks at the dreadstormers, seemingly hoping for orders.
Daymar calls out, "How many?" and tries to analyze the situation to provide Pookivo his orders.

[910] 22-04-15 00:00:48 CEST

Tactics

3d6 <= 13
4 + 2 + 5 = 11 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 10:27 AM   #1346
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll try to daze the lot of them before continuing on.
Ok, that's one attack maneuver per target, and -1 per yard in a quick contest between your skill and their .. will, I think.



as the first three go down, they're all bewildered. The last one seems to get his wits about him when the stun comes for him. He responds by running for the fore port door.



Quote:
Daymar calls out, "How many?" and tries to analyze the situation to provide Pookivo his orders.
"At least two!"


Daymar thinks this is a small group, probably scouts. They will need someway to report back to really be dangerous. The ship is full of natural chokepoints, which means forcing individual doors is hard... though it is possible to go around. Controlling all surfaces of a compartment allows you to mess with its atmosphere and pen people in, and hatch doors can be locked from either side (and then unlocked only from their side).



Does that help?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 11:27 AM   #1347
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Ok, that's one attack maneuver per target, and -1 per yard in a quick contest between your skill and their .. will, I think.
HT actually, and I forgot a stealth roll because I need touch.
Quote:
[912] 22-04-15 18:20:54 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
1: 5 + 5 + 4 = 14 ... success
2: 5 + 3 + 5 = 13 ... success
3: 3 + 3 + 2 = 8 ... success
4: 5 + 1 + 6 = 12 ... success
Minimal difference probably. I'll fire at the fleeing one twice:
Quote:
[913] 22-04-15 18:22:46 CEST
Beam Weapons
3d6 <= 15
2 + 2 + 3 = 7 ... success
Well probably hit twice unless this guy's an olympian:
Quote:
[914] 22-04-15 18:23:31 CEST
Damage Rolls
3d6
1: 4 + 6 + 6 = 16
2: 5 + 6 + 5 = 16
And it looks like he's very dead.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 11:52 AM   #1348
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
HT actually, and I forgot a stealth roll because I need touch.

Minimal difference probably. I'll fire at the fleeing one twice:

Well probably hit twice unless this guy's an olympian:

And it looks like he's very dead.
So has Hua neutralized them all?
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 08:06 AM   #1349
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

The runner evades one shot, but the other one brings him down.



Hua has neutralized four missile technicians. The "scouts" who were shooting on deck 6 are still up and moving... though they haven't shot again.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 12:14 PM   #1350
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post

"At least two!"


Daymar thinks this is a small group, probably scouts. They will need someway to report back to really be dangerous. The ship is full of natural chokepoints, which means forcing individual doors is hard... though it is possible to go around. Controlling all surfaces of a compartment allows you to mess with its atmosphere and pen people in, and hatch doors can be locked from either side (and then unlocked only from their side).

Does that help?
"We need to flush them out, if I can get eyes on one or more, then I can probably 'persuade' them to stop. Can we flank them?"
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.