Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2021, 03:40 PM   #821
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The man looks a little surprised at Daymar asking where Nijothu is, then looks at the uniform and sees the name tag is different. He points to the lockers.

Nijothu is tearing through his gear, looking for something.
Daymar addresses Nijothu, "Daymar, it's time for you to go with Pothi. I notice our name tags must have gotten switched in the laundry, so we can just swap those and get about our day."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 08:23 AM   #822
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar addresses Nijothu, "Daymar, it's time for you to go with Pothi. I notice our name tags must have gotten switched in the laundry, so we can just swap those and get about our day."
He looks at Daymar, then looks at his locker. He does this two or three times, and then his eyes get big.



"Lets get those clothes sorted out, shall we? I don't know what's wrong with me today. He goes to the washroom to change"



Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Alrighty then. Four lockpicking rolls at -4 before I assume something will happen.

Well on one hand I messed up the multiple roll thing, but on the other hand I succeeded!

Swapping out the pills and heading back.

Then to take it easy (and probably a nap) before getting ready to make the poison pills (and possibly case the prisons).
Hua finds everything is going her way today. The lock opens right up, and she slips in the fake pills.



Thibi needles her about her "officer" again.



How long will she sleep for?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica keeps doing her job in the ship, as expected:

Now that she is well-rested, she will invest her off-hours in learning more about Nejora; on the other hand, she will also try checking with the Nav-Chief if he requires help:

Her plan is learning more about the current situation, especially about the presumably suspended re-supply operation, the poisoning plan countermeasures, Day’s section lockdown and the investigation regarding Hua’s “offense”.

By "Nav-Cheif", I take it that you mean Commander Zybo rather than the ranking NCO over navigation?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 03:44 PM   #823
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
He looks at Daymar, then looks at his locker. He does this two or three times, and then his eyes get big.

"Lets get those clothes sorted out, shall we? I don't know what's wrong with me today. He goes to the washroom to change"
Daymar is relieved this seems to be going as well as could be expected. He follows 'Daymar' to the washroom, swaps clothing with him, and then sends him off with Pothi, thanking him for his help. He then goes to find Kivu, and assume his new identify as 'Nijothu'.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 04:37 PM   #824
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) By "Nav-Cheif", I take it that you mean Commander Zybo rather than the ranking NCO over navigation?
Yes, as a follow-up to Zybo's requests. But if with the savoir-faire roll it is more appropriate to ask the NCO (and also makes sense), let's go to the NCO.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 06:47 AM   #825
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua finds everything is going her way today. The lock opens right up, and she slips in the fake pills.

Thibi needles her about her "officer" again.

How long will she sleep for?
I'll drip Thibi a few more lies.
Quote:
[44] 21-08-03 13:33:27 BST
Acting
3d6 <= 16
5 + 1 + 2 = 8 ... success
Nice, by 9.

I'll sleep for... hm, 6 hours. That should mostly be from "break" shift, and put me a little into "sleep" shift. So next would be to make the fake pills.

Quote:
[45] 21-08-03 13:40:39 BST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
1 + 1 + 6 = 8 ... success
[46] 21-08-03 13:41:29 BST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
3 + 6 + 1 = 10 ... success
[47] 21-08-03 13:41:40 BST
DX-Based Cooking
3d6 <= 14
5 + 3 + 3 = 11 ... success
And on to head over to the brig and case it.
Quote:
[48] 21-08-03 13:44:52 BST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
1 + 1 + 2 = 4 ... success
[49] 21-08-03 13:45:14 BST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
1 + 3 + 6 = 10 ... success
[50] 21-08-03 13:45:39 BST
Observation
3d6 <= 13
6 + 4 + 5 = 15 ... failure
Hm... I guess I'll need to try again tomorrow.

(OOC: I accidentally used the wrong dicelog)

Last edited by TGLS; 08-03-2021 at 07:07 AM.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 02:53 PM   #826
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar is relieved this seems to be going as well as could be expected. He follows 'Daymar' to the washroom, swaps clothing with him, and then sends him off with Pothi, thanking him for his help. He then goes to find Kivu, and assume his new identify as 'Nijothu'.
Kivu is close by. Pothi leads the befuddled double back. Daymar has a new buddy now! They go to eat breakfast... Daymar is unsure if the food is safe or not: its a deep square made of pasta that has been cooked, seasoned with some rich thick sauce, and then baked.



Its going to be a long day... though its nice to be out of the hyperdrive room, where everyone is working fast as they can and is super stressed.


Unless Daymar is slacking off for the next 8 hours, he'll take 1 FP from working two shifts back to back until he can rest properly.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Yes, as a follow-up to Zybo's requests. But if with the savoir-faire roll it is more appropriate to ask the NCO (and also makes sense), let's go to the NCO.
You have Zybo's confidence, you can go strait to him. He confirms that they are locking down Daymar's (old) section tonight. Right now they're fairly certain a sabateur is running around the hyperdrive room: they hope they'll catch him that way. The resupply operation is delayed until the drive is back. They've actually considered leaving the drive broken so that the dreadstormers are stuck and can't turn the ship against the Zorbani.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll drip Thibi a few more lies.

And on to head over to the brig and case it.

Hm... I guess I'll need to try again tomorrow.
Hua succeeds at making the poison pills and placing them
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 04:59 PM   #827
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua succeeds at making the poison pills and placing them
Placing them? Maybe I was terse or unclear or skipped a step. After making the pills I went to go and case the brig, to find a time where I could jump the guards/determine who's being imprisoned there to ensure none of them are Botha.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 08:20 PM   #828
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
You have Zybo's confidence, you can go strait to him. He confirms that they are locking down Daymar's (old) section tonight. Right now they're fairly certain a sabateur is running around the hyperdrive room: they hope they'll catch him that way. The resupply operation is delayed until the drive is back. They've actually considered leaving the drive broken so that the dreadstormers are stuck and can't turn the ship against the Zorbani.
Thanks, great output!

Did Pacifica get any requests from Zybo?

Out of curiosity, are the ship’s sections modular? Can you for example remove and leave a section behind, as if the ship was made of interlocking bricks?

I am wondering about the prisoner relocation procedure, handcuffing a whole section sounds troublesome, controlling them with a virtually limited number of security troops might prove a challenge if they (for some reason) rioted.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:27 AM   #829
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Placing them? Maybe I was terse or unclear or skipped a step. After making the pills I went to go and case the brig, to find a time where I could jump the guards/determine who's being imprisoned there to ensure none of them are Botha.
Ok, the pills are just made. For some reason I thought you were placing them.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:36 AM   #830
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Did Pacifica get any requests from Zybo?
No


Quote:
Out of curiosity, are the ship’s sections modular? Can you for example remove and leave a section behind, as if the ship was made of interlocking bricks?
Yes, its sort of built like that. You have to take the top off of the entire ship to do so and use massive cranes, but it works.


Quote:
I am wondering about the prisoner relocation procedure, handcuffing a whole section sounds troublesome, controlling them with a virtually limited number of security troops might prove a challenge if they (for some reason) rioted.

They plan to deputize a few sections you trust and empty the other folks out of the living quarters while the section is asleep. Then they will take the target engineers out of the compartment one at a time in a manner that hopefully precludes mind control. If they riot, the plan is to either shoot them or lock down the section and gas/starve/aphixiate/hold them. They are either traitors or compromised. Their families will be told they died fighting a dreadstormer, which is a heroic death.



No, they are not aware that Hua has disabled 90% of the armory they would use for deputizing.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.