Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2022, 11:29 AM   #1691
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Bleeding and down on the floor, they surrender.


Shortly afterwards, a runner reaches Hua, saying Daymar wants to get in touch.


I rally up the guards with me and direct them to move the people I captured back over to the holding area. Then I head back to the command center to talk with Day.

"I've been heading deck to deck clearing out stragglers. Just captured about five, one got away. What's up?"
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 03:52 AM   #1692
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post

"I've been heading deck to deck clearing out stragglers. Just captured about five, one got away. What's up?"
"I finished bringing the motive section under control, and wanted to check in with you to see what else has to be done. There's at least one officer, Choju, running loose, so finding him is a priority. I also am going to focus on converting more prisoners. it seems we're into the mopping-up phase of this operation."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 10:05 PM   #1693
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
"There's at least one officer, Choju, running loose, so finding him is a priority. It seems we're into the mopping-up phase of this operation."
"Well, I guess we ought to keep an eye out for them. Maybe we can mine information from the reprogrammed crew."
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 11:45 PM   #1694
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Her team thinks that the shooting could be heard one compartment away. They were not trained in interrogation at all.
She tells them to stay alert with their guns ready.

Quote:
You can hear yells of surrender coming from the second compartment. from the first compartment, you think you hear a drilling sound.
First, Pacifica plays "the oxygen trick" on her enemies, she believes that doing this would at least make them woozy (regardless of the drilling). Her intention is killing these guys, "questions come later". On the other hand, she tells her team they will have the defeatist pass out and arrest them.

Also, Pacifica will use her powers to check the room, with observation (Vibration Sense):
3d6 <= 14
2 + 4 + 5 = 11 ... success

Quote:
A runner reaches Pacifica with a message from Daymar, saying he wants to get in touch.
OOC: Alright, how far are they from the nearest (safe) command center?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 10:11 AM   #1695
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
She tells them to stay alert with their guns ready.

First, Pacifica plays "the oxygen trick" on her enemies, she believes that doing this would at least make them woozy (regardless of the drilling). Her intention is killing these guys, "questions come later". On the other hand, she tells her team they will have the defeatist pass out and arrest them.

Also, Pacifica will use her powers to check the room, with observation (Vibration Sense):
3d6 <= 14
2 + 4 + 5 = 11 ... success
They have a drill in there, and are using the trick Hua used to unlock doors that have been levered shut. It will also give them airflow.


Quote:
OOC: Alright, how far are they from the nearest (safe) command center?
9 floors strait up.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 03:15 PM   #1696
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Observing the rooms are small and that the person in the other room realized the air is already being suck, this time the process is quicker, right?

Since the guys are not finished with drilling, and with the air being sucked at a higher speed than it may enter from a relatively small hole, is there going be enough oxygen for the guys to work a hole in the door in time?

If they will not pass out, they should at least be at disadvantage from the low supply of oxygen and being stressed (i.e., consuming more oxygen) while breaking the locks. For example, low levels of oxygens (think of Mt. Everest) impair people’s judgement.

Could you clear this for me?
The plan depends on your reply.

But for now (and if this works with you), Pacifica will have her team stand one yard away from the door pointing at it. IIRC, the door was harder to close (for Pacifica & her team) because of their orientation, so now it should be easier to open it. Hence, one of the crewmen will be ready to open the door while the rest of the team finish the guys. I guess there will not be enough room for the enemy to dodge without penalty, and this is without factoring the lack of oxygen.

She orders her team to take point and be stealthy:

Stealth:
3d6 <= 15
1 + 2 + 4 = 7 ... success
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 08:45 AM   #1697
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Observing the rooms are small and that the person in the other room realized the air is already being suck, this time the process is quicker, right?

Since the guys are not finished with drilling, and with the air being sucked at a higher speed than it may enter from a relatively small hole, is there going be enough oxygen for the guys to work a hole in the door in time?

If they will not pass out, they should at least be at disadvantage from the low supply of oxygen and being stressed (i.e., consuming more oxygen) while breaking the locks. For example, low levels of oxygens (think of Mt. Everest) impair people’s judgement.

Could you clear this for me?
The plan depends on your reply.
This doesn't clear. They're going to drill through pretty quickly, and removing the air takes time. Also, the drilled hole will let them open the door unless actively prevented, and even then, its going to let more air in.

Quote:
But for now (and if this works with you), Pacifica will have her team stand one yard away from the door pointing at it. IIRC, the door was harder to close (for Pacifica & her team) because of their orientation, so now it should be easier to open it. Hence, one of the crewmen will be ready to open the door while the rest of the team finish the guys. I guess there will not be enough room for the enemy to dodge without penalty, and this is without factoring the lack of oxygen.

She orders her team to take point and be stealthy:

Stealth:
3d6 <= 15
1 + 2 + 4 = 7 ... success
Pacifica's team just points weapons at the choke-point of the door and wait. are they ordered to fire as soon as they see anyone, or to demand surrender first?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 08:33 AM   #1698
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Got it, they will shoot to kill on Pacifica's signal. The Team is taking point at a safe distance from the attackers so they cannot parry the guns. They will also make sure the enemies will not close the doors again by shooting as soon as they open (from the angle, when the door is almost ajar).

Pacifica is not shooting; she is waiting for the door to open, if there was a reason for not shooting (e.g. one of the guys is Nejora, they are wrapped in bombs) she will issue another command.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 09:22 AM   #1699
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

One of the soldiers looks at Pacifica: "Shouldn't we just ask them to surrender?"

She yells in the door. "Hey, we know what you're up to. surrender or we'll shoot you all dead when you come out!"

The drilling pauses, and Pacifica takes both groups prisoner. Their tools are taken from them, and they are locked back in an empty hydrogen cell.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 08:49 AM   #1700
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacifica considers the suggestion. But will not the captives make sounds and alert their potential accomplices? Will not they spread the word that the dread stormers are already in their unsullied section?

She locks all of them but one person in the hydrogen cell. The people in the hydrogen cells are executed. Next, Pacifica orders her team to handcuff and muzzle up the remaining person (it will be the smallest/weakest person).

The Dread Stormer takes note of the guard that suggested the alternative and commends her idea.

Then the team makes a cautious traverse towards the comms.
Grab your bags and move on, ladies.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.