Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 07-06-2009, 05:25 PM   #11
Edman

Default Re: Memorable quotes

In a completely different game, but with a whimsical enough setting that I think you guys will appreciate it, I was playing a prophet and diviner in service of the Sushi Goddess. We had just entered a mystical spaceship, within which we had found a British Tearoom that smelled of scones, cookies and tea. Thinking it a dangerous illusion, my character utters the following (not word for word, but it does capture the gist of it):

"Stand back everyone. I am a mage, so it is up to me to deal with things like this!"

"What, scones?"

- Baron von Münchausen
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #12
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

One of our local Malakim gets introduced for the first time to our angels' new rock band (see post 4 for details):

Malakite Player: "We've got a band comprised mostly of ex demons and ex-demon patsys."
Me: "You know those "Behind the Music" episodes? We're the "after" shot."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:45 PM   #13
JCD

I was playing a con game. We were trapped in a Dream Skerry of sorts, a band of Outcasts and Renegades stuck with a Malakim.

Well, we had nightmares inflicted upon us by this one Demon. His catchphrase was "I know what you are afraid of."

Well, one player got tired of all this.

After locating the gentleman, she rushed him with her sword, and said, "I know what YOU are scared of, and it's blonde b**** with a big sword!"
JCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:10 PM   #14
Rocket Man

Susan, our neighborhood friendly angel of War, has been demon-hunting in Copenhagen, accompanied by her ever-present Cherub and a Malakite in a child's vessel. (As well as an invisible Kyriotate "riding" her cell phone.) After killing her prey, she and the party head to London to flush out the victim's Lilim lawyer and see what deeper plans are in play. So on arriving in Britain, Sue steps outside the Tether with her friends and makes a phone call to the law office:

SUSAN: "Ms. Cedars? It's imperative that we speak at once. They're here!"

LAWYER: "They're here, ma'am? Pardon me, but I haven't the slightest idea ... "

SUSAN: "You know who I'm talking about. I just saw three of them exit the War Bunker on <address>."

And as she says that, she waves at a nearby plate glass window ... reflecting the three of them perfectly.

Later, the lawyer shows up for a meet, but surrounded by four bruisers. From a distance, Mindy (the Malakite in the body of a 9-year-old-girl) resonates the thugs and grimaces.

MINDY'S PLAYER: "Mindy gnashes her teeth, burning the image of a tall, greasy-haired goon into her head so she remembers that he needs to die as soon as possible."

ME: "Hate to be that goon when Revenge of the Anklebiters begins."

KYRIO'S PLAYER: "Which is probably going to be real soon now."

ME: "All-points bulletin -- the suspect is approximately 9 years old, in sneakers, and carrying the head of a London dockyard thug ..."

Old 08-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #15
JCD

I am playing Tyler, an Impudite of Belial who is attempting to earn the Word: Burned by a Relationship. He attempts to make every person who has met him regret ever setting eyes on him.

At one point, Barbera, a Servant of a Rival Demon, comes running to him because Tyler caused things with her demon to go bad (No she wasn't very bright but she didn't have many alternatives) So she is investigating the possiblities with Tyler and his Servant, Andrea

Barbera: "You aren't going to kill me, are you?"

Tyler: "NO! Perish the thought. I don't do that. Not a chance. Andrea, would I kill her?"

Andrea: "No." But then muttered subvocally, "but you'll wish he would."
JCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:45 PM   #16
tHEhERETIC

Was looking something up in my PbP game and this made me giggle.

The Windy currently has the vessel of an eagle, making surveillance great and communication...interesting.

""Either that or he lost his phone and some bird found the redial butten for me (and is) trying to eat it."
Old 09-17-2009, 06:20 PM   #17
Regis

"No. No, I do not believe I wish to analyse the significance of the Mongoose at this moment in time."

Context is for the weak. Also, although eventually the significance of the Mongoose had to be analysed, the rolls to do so were failed. As such, I have no idea what the hell that Mongoose was to do with anything.

"...they were playing around with these proportions. It's called the Golden Mean, and it symbolises... Actually, they were telling us and around this point I spaced out and started drawing ponies."

This is why explanations to Ofanim should be accompished in five words or less.

"Look, lad, calm down. Just because I'm on fire is no reason for you to panic."

Once again, context is for the weak.

"But the sergeant's ugly! If I want to shag someone my brother's right there!"

Eli's Rites, especially when the vessels aren't biologically related, can lead to strange conversations.
Regis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:15 AM   #18
Cassanos

Today was a great day indeed, as my group is both good at roleplaying and also completely insane. Also, our GM is just great at creating (or improvising?) cool scenarios. This one was a lot more inane than our usual, very atmospheric campaigns.
The following takes place in 1947 over a southwestern US desert state.
First, some appetizers:

My socially inept Cherub of Fire is trying to emergency-land an airplane without any former experience at piloting. After taking the seat of the pilot who has been possessed by a Balseraph of Technology and subsequently been crashed out through the cockpit's window, I switch on the intercom:
"Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seatbelts, as due to some regrettable events we will now attempt an unscheduled emergency landing. Cabin personnel, please..." Long pause. "... Please just do what you usually do in these situations."

Later in the same sticky situation:
"Ladies and gentlemen, please hang on and brace yourself for the landing. Let us hope that there is a competent guardian angel with us (I know I do...)"

And then it got weird:
Our Elohite of Creation in service to Destiny has defeated the aforementioned Balseraph in-flight, but is now bound into a corporeal manifestation of his celestial form. Fortunately, he crash-lands into a weather balloon and glides to the ground. He is surrounded by military personnel. He raises his hands and goes:
"I come in peace!"
He is then asked to state his intentions.
"I am no human... AND I AM HERE TO DELIVER YOU MY DEMANDS!"
(Note: He revised that after he was almost shot on the spot.)

At this point, our Ofanite of Fire arrives on the scene, landing a round, blue, saucer-shaped aircraft which was actually former Jeep that was modified by Jean after I rolled a 111*. Then, our Malakite of Fire comes along, waving his fake "top secret" government agency ID at the soldiers, stating that "we need to return him to his people."

And then, we vanished into the skies above New Mexico...

*It makes sense in context.**

**Actually, it doesn't.

[Babylon 5]
Cassanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:02 PM   #19
Rocket Man

Reposted from the general "Memorable Quotes" thread in Roleplaying in General:

Our three PC angels -- a Bright named Kay, a Kyrio named Jesher, and a Cherub named Bertha -- had encountered a demon with no memory or much else going upstairs ... a demon who strongly resembled Alan Wolf, a guy that some of the PCs had hoped to Redeem before another PC cut him to pieces.

Bertha and Kay took him back to an apartment and tried to get him to shower -- only to find that he first let his clothes get soaked before finally remembering to undress. As a result, the clueless demon was now sitting on the couch of a studio apartment in nothing but a towel while the impulsive Kay tried to call her "older Sister" Susan for some clothes and assistance.

The result was borderline screwball comedy. Some highlights:
=========

Susan (at a hospital visiting a wounded Virtue): "Hang on a sec," she tells the Malakite. Not answering the phone, Susan texts back, "I'll call you back in a few."
Kay: (Texts back) "I'm in a room with a naked guy and Bertha and I have clothes on"
GM: "Is that a cry for help or bragging?"

===
Susan: "Alan is *BACK*?! As in, alive???"
Kay: (Remembering she can get clothes elsewhere) "NVM...I'm a dork"
Susan: "No, no, Sister, I'm not going to nevermind that a naked demon is in the room with you!"
Kay: "I'm fine! Bertha is with me"
Susan: "What is Bertha doing with the naked demon??"
GM: "Oh, such a straight line ..."
===
Kay: "I thought you wanted to talk later?"
Susan: "You have a demon and another angel with you, and you want me to talk to you LATER now?! A NAKED DEMON?!?"
Kay: "You said you were busy!"

(And of course, as Susan screams "A NAKED DEMON?!?" into the phone so that half the hospital can hear, an NPC Cherub muttered "Way to keep a low profile, hon ...")
====
Susan: (After hanging up and practically destroying the cell phone) "C'mon, we have to go off the demon who won't stay dead--or dressed."

Old 08-01-2010, 01:08 PM   #20
Rocket Man

Also reposted:

Jesher, now possessing a dog, starts laughing at a comment made by another PC ... which, because of his body, comes out as a series of sharp barks.

Susan: "What's wrong, Lassie? Did Timmy fall down a well?"

Tags
humor, meta