Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 05-18-2009, 10:37 PM   #1
tHEhERETIC

Default Memorable quotes

Going through some very old bookmarks, I found this

http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~maya/nom...er/quotes.html

the link from which I nabbed one of the taglines I use in my mails
Quote:
"What did Eli say?
A lot of it didn't make any sense.
Yeah, that sounds like him."
I'm having an awful lot of fun...anyone here care to share any memorable IN quotes? Stuff that was witty or poignant or profound...

Like one that knocked my socks off from my PbP:
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread...696#post549696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qed
A demon has entered this room full of angels. I am not a Seraph" He nods again to Shenmachel and Mitchem "but you can trust I tell the truth now:
A demon will not come out of this room.
There is no one left to call to. No one else to beg to. No one else to cheat.
This is your judgment day.
What will you make of it?"
Well, that and the various nicknames our poor Seraph of the Sword has had to endure. "Pokey" and "Mr. Pointy", offhand.

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 05-18-2009 at 10:44 PM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:06 PM   #2
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: Memorable quotes

A Mercurian and an Ofanite discuss their Thanksgiving plans:

Ofanite: "(I) don't really have family down here to share with. Best I could do is help drive some to-go plates from my church in the evening."

Mercurian: "Meals on Wheels?"
===
(The following was also posted on "Memorable Quotes" in "Roleplaying in General.")

Our group of angels in In Nomine had just kept a Remnant Calabite from destroying a plane and was trying to restore his mind and save his soul at the same time. Gareth, my angel of Destiny, believed his Superior could help and raced to the scene, making it from Madison to Chicago in five minutes by "shortcutting" from a Madison bookstore to Yves' Library in Heaven and then to the Chicago Public Library.

On arrival, the following exchange ensues ...
Fellow angel: "How'd you get here so fast?"
Gareth: "Oh, I booked it."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"

Last edited by Rocket Man; 05-18-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:36 PM   #3
Kelly Pedersen

I was in a (short-lived, alas) In Nomine campaign where I, as the only one who really knew the setting or system besides the GM, was playing the only old angel, Zoan, an Ofanite of War who had been around for a few millennia. Zoan regularly made semi-snide remarks about the newbies around him, but his greatest dispair was the Malakite of Divine Fire, who had essentially been created fully-fledged by Gabriel only two decades ago, and had basically spent the interveneing time crusing around smiting the cruel, without bothering to learn much about Heavenly politics, celestial best practices, or much of anything, really. At one point, said Malakite decided that the best way to deal with a carload of demons on a busy city street was to use the Song of Fire to engulf their car in flames. This prompted Zoan to exclaim "It's like he spent the last 20 years not learning!"
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:48 PM   #4
Rocket Man

Our group recently Redeemed a Calabite of Hardcore and was charged with organizing a new rock band for him, to help him better serve the Archangel of Music and keep him out of trouble. My angel Kevin (aka Gareth) and a PC Kyrio of Creation quickly started putting the band together from local talent, but the results began to turn a little unusual:

Kevin: (to the Kyrio) "So we've got a terrified ex-sorcerer ... a newly Redeemed angel ... a security guard who sees Norse gods ... and you as the sole experienced "good influence." Is it just me, or is this starting to sound like this season's next sitcom?"

Old 05-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #5
Rocket Man

From a recent session:

Our angels were interrogating a fanatic mortal who had been given orders by a supposed "angel" (actually a demon able to temporarily assume angelic form, a trick referred to in our campaign as a "tinsel halo.") Our Judgment Seraph began to push him on where to find this "angel"; the mortal responded that "He said he would walk among the believers, giving them strength with Song..."

Seraph: "You do know there are over a billion Muslims on the planet. Don't you think this angel might have been more specific?"

===
Later, we interrupted an Englishman just before he could sign papers releasing his friend from a lunatic asylum -- an action that would have had him owing a Lilim a *huge* favor. The Judgment angels brought the man to safety, shortly after my angel blew the documents out the window, scattering them along the London streets.

Judgment Cherub to man: "Tell me you didn't sign anything."

Me, out of character: "It shouldn't matter -- the papers are London trash now."

Cherub's player: "Don't put it past a Lilim to be able to recover wind-swept documents!"

Me: "You mean wind-swept, vehicle-overrun, hobo-stolen, and pigeon ****-on documents?"

Old 05-28-2009, 08:38 PM   #6
ladyarcana55

Actually this was from the game I am currently in.

My Lilim has a deal going on with some of the angels. They will go to her for information and the geas only specifies that he will talk to them and give them a fair price for what they ask for. You'll notice nothing in there says she has to agree with their demands or even be honest. (Thank you GM!)

Anyway, in one scene I get cornered by their Seraph who wants a list of Demons in the city. I say no and she says to me

"Surely there is someone in the city you would love to backstab."

"Like you?"
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:15 AM   #7
Notdan

My current campaign is nearing the end of its third year, so as you might imagine, the PCs are all fairly highly powered. My own character is a Seraph of Destiny, who has - among other things - the Library Card attunement, and the Master of Divine Knowledge distinction, which allows him the resonance of a Bright Lillim.

I recently found myself on an aeroplane, with a stewardess who seemed to be involved in a plot to crash the plane. I was having difficulty getting any information from her, so used my Lillim resonance to fish for needs - in the hope that I could then geas her to tell me what was going on - and discovered the need to join the Mile High Club.

I therefore then try, a bit hamfistedly, to seduce her, and end up aving to make an ad-hoc seduction roll.

GM: (seeing the results of the dice.) Okay, I'll say that you successfully seduce her.

Me: thank goodness for that - Plan B would have been to ask if there was any vital information hidden in her knickers.

Everyone else: *breaks*

Me: what?
Old 06-16-2009, 08:01 PM   #8
Rocket Man

I play in two online campaigns with the same GM (one set in Madison, one in San Francisco) and wouldn't you know it, my PC in one campaign was asked if he could contact my PC in the other. Kaimana, my Elohite of the Waters, is the staid, settled sort but Gareth, (aka "Kevin") my Mercurian of Destiny, has been on the go lately between two continents and various ethereal realms. Thus, the following:

NPC: "Is that Kevin fellow still working in Wisconsin?"

Kaimana: "I believe so. I had a brief contact with him about the time you moved here. Haven't heard from him since, but from what you've told me, there's no reason to suppose he's left town in a hurry."

Me (out of character): "Or at least, no reason to suppose he hasn't left and come back ... and left again ... and come back again ... and ...."

Old 07-06-2009, 12:03 PM   #9
Rocket Man

(Also posted in the "Memorable Quotes" thread of "Roleplaying In General")

In the course of an Archangelic golf outing between Michael and Marc (yes, really, ask tHEhERETIC), the Archangel of War decided to even things out by using "Outlaw Golf" tactics to rattle his opponent. Which is why, as Marc lined up a shot, Michael's caddy pulled a gigantic paintball gun from out of his bag.

Marc: "What are you doing?"
Michael: "Winning."

Later, Gabriel begins to play through. She and Marc watch in puzzlement/amusement as Michael lies on the ground sniper-style and begins to line up a golf shot with the paintball gun.

Gabriel: "We can do that?"

Marc: "He can do that. Me? That's another story."

(The "shot" knocks the ball astray, into the rough)

Marc: "Of course, there's a reason most of us don't do that..."

Old 07-06-2009, 12:50 PM   #10
ladyarcana55

This was my first ever character. She is an Undead Servant with a very tragic background. She had spent the last two or three days scared out of her mind, trying to stay away from a bunch of Angels who thinks SHE'S the Senechal to an Infernal tether. One evening she is doing something with an Impudite who is pretty taking over while the Calabite she is assigned to is MIA.

On the way home her phone rings. She answers.

"TREMBLE, TROLLOP OF HELL, FOR THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT IS NIGH! WE SHALL VISIT THE FIRES OF SODOM AND GOMORRAH UPON YOU, YEAH AND VERILY. AS YOUR DEN OF INIQUITY HAS BEEN REMOVED ROOT AND BRANCH, SO TO SHALL WE DEAL WITH YOUR CUNNING EVIL WAYS!"

"Who is it?" The Impudite asks with bored curiosity.

"Absolutely no one"

She says as she hangs up.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor, meta