Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 02-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
arneanka

Default Item Clarification help plz!!

I have some questions and would be pleased to be answered;

1. Can i switch items at the end of my turn from "in used" to "carried" or from my hand to "in used"/"carried" or is it only at the beginning of my turns?

2. Exampel; If i am an Elf and lets say i using "Bow with ribbons" (which is Elf only) and i lose my Class while in combat (ex due to a Curse) ,what happenes to my bow, do i discard it ?

I will be gratefull for answers, Cheers
arneanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #2
andrewcornett

Default Re: Item Clarification help plz!!

You can change your used to unused and vise versa anytime you are not in combat.

New cards from your hand to used/unused are at the beginning of your turn. Unless playing a curse/one shots on other players of course.

If you lose your class you turn any items (usable by that class only) you might have in use to unused at the point of losing your class even during battle. You do not have to discard them.
andrewcornett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
Eben

Quote:
Originally Posted by arneanka View Post
I have some questions and would be pleased to be answered;

1. Can i switch items at the end of my turn from "in used" to "carried" or from my hand to "in used"/"carried" or is it only at the beginning of my turns?

2. Exampel; If i am an Elf and lets say i using "Bow with ribbons" (which is Elf only) and i lose my Class while in combat (ex due to a Curse) ,what happenes to my bow, do i discard it ?

I will be gratefull for answers, Cheers

1. As long it is still your turn and you are not in combat, the answer is yes. You can change items at the end of your turn.

2. If a curse cause you to no longer be able to use an item, the item is considered to be carried. You do not discard it unless the curse says to. Its bonus no longer counts for you.
Eben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #4
MunchkinMan

Hmmmm. I'm not seeing wholly correct answers, so rather than trying to point to the right stuff and correcting the wrong stuff, I'm just going to give the official answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arneanka View Post
Beginning and end, as long as you're not in combat. Same as for playing new Items.

Quote:
2. Exampel; If i am an Elf and lets say i using "Bow with ribbons" (which is Elf only) and i lose my Class while in combat (ex due to a Curse) ,what happenes to my bow, do i discard it?
You don't discard it (the rules specifically allow you to carry Items you can't use), but you can't get a bonus from it while you're not an Elf. In fact, this very exact scenario is described in the FAQ:

Important Note #2: Playing/Using/Switching Items During Combat
This is all covered in the rules, but not all in the same place.
  • You can't switch Items during combat. In other words, you can't chose to wear a different Headgear or different Armor once combat has started. You also can't "unwield" one Item that uses Hands and "wield" another in its stead. Basically, all the Items you were using or carrying must remain in their current states . . . even if some of them become unusable.
    An example of such a case: An Elf is using the Bow with Ribbons and is carrying the Chainsaw of Bloody Dismemberment. He has no extra Hands, so the Bow is using both of the Hands he has available. The Elf then goes into combat and is subsequently Cursed by another player to lose his Race. He now loses the bonus for the Bow, and since he can't switch out the Bow and replace it with the Chainsaw, he gets no bonus from that, either. As an aside: Should the player have another Elf card, then – assuming it is his turn – he could play that immediately and get back his bonus from the Bow.
  • You may not play new Items during combat, whether it is your turn or not, except for any one-shot Item (one of those that say "usable once only") that says it can be used in any combat. One-shot Items can be played by any player during any combat, from the hand or from the cards in play.
  • Playing/using a one-shot Item during a combat that aids the munchkins (and not the monsters) does not constitute "helping" in combat, as described in the rules. This means that in any given combat, any number of players can play cards to aid or hinder either side as often as they want, as long as they have the cards. Only one other player can actually join the combat as a helper, however.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #5
arneanka

Thx alot for the good and fast answers!!!

Cheers :)
arneanka is offline   Reply With Quote