Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-08-2017, 04:35 PM   #1381
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Updated Nick Fury.

Edits: Removed a Disadvantage (Dependent: Sister), added an Advantage (CIA Rank, Pulling Rank rules), added a few additional skills (Fast-Draw (Ammo), Wrestling), and a paragraph under "History". It seems as though I've declared my first big inter-title crossover, set near the end of Year One, and which does not irrevocably alter the status quo (like Marvel has a tendency to do every real-life year nowadays, it seems). I'm designing the "Zodiac Strikes!" story as an Annual issue crossover rather than a standalone crossover title.

Also edited HYDRA with an increase in competency for the sleeper agent lens.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting

Last edited by Phantasm; 04-08-2017 at 04:52 PM.
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 04:42 PM   #1382
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Updated Iron Man's bio and stat sheet, replacing the Signature Gear with Alternate Form, plus a few other adjustments.

Iron Man's Battlesuits

Mark I
The Mark I suit was built while Tony was being held prisoner in Afghanistan.

The suit itself is crude, made from steel and aluminum with only the most basic of operating systems, lacking the full helmet HUD and full flight capabilities of the later models. Even its offensive abilities are crude, consisting of a pair of flamethrowers built into its arms and a single rocket launcher lacking a guidance system. It was designed for protection during an escape, not prolonged combat, reflected in its inability to move at more than a fast walk and its ability to absorb damage from a .50BMG machine gun. While it has rudimentary flight capability, the suit lacks stabilizers and has a limited fuel supply, pretty much ensuring that it does not fly in anything other than a ballistic arc.

While the original Mark I was abandoned by Tony not long after his escape, he could conceivably repair it or build another to the same specifications at any time.

612 points
Attribute Adjustments:
ST +45 (Size, -10%) [405].
Secondary Characteristic Adjustments: SM +1; Basic Move -3 [-15].
Advantages: Burning Attack 3d (Blockable, -5%; Jet, +0%; Jet: Increased Range (×7), +60%; Rapid Fire (RoF 2), +40%; Elemental: Heat/Fire, -10%) [28]; Damage Resistance 35 (Semi-Ablative, -20%) [140]; Damage Resistance 15 (Torso Only, -10%) [68]; Enhanced Move (Air) 1 (All-Out, -20%; Handling Penalty -5, -25%) [11]; Flight (Cannot Hover, -15%; Maximum Duration: 10 Minutes, -50%) [14].
Perks: Accessory: Single 25mm Rocket [1]; Illumination [1].
Disadvantages: Hard of Hearing [-10]; Maintenance (Armoury (Battlesuits) or Mechanic (Robotics)) (2 People; Weekly) [-10]; Noisy -3 [-6]; Restricted Vision (No Peripheral Vision) [-15].
Features: Powered off Mini-ARC Reactor [0].

Mark II
The Mark II suit was built after Tony returned home following his captivity. Tony is constantly altering the suit's capabilities, primarily in the suit's offensive weaponry.

The Mark II was designed to be able to go toe to toe in combat with some of the strongest folks in the world; however, the chances of it being able to sustain itself in a one-on-one fight against the Hulk or the Juggernaut are slim (see Hulk; Juggernaut).

1,955 points
Advantages:
Burning Attack (Chest RT) 8d (Armor Divisor (5), +150%; Damage Modifier: Surge, +20%; Increased 1/2D Range (×2), +5%; Variable, +5%) [112]; Burning Attack (Pulsars) 6d (Accessibility: Full Power Only For Last 25% of Max Range, -15%; Armor Divisor (5), +150%; Damage Modifier: Surge, +20%; Increased 1/2D Range (×10), +15%; Increased Range (×2), +10%; Rapid Fire, RoF 2×3. +70%; Variable, +5%) [107]; Crushing Attack (Chest RT) 12d (Damage Modifier: Double Knockback, +20%; Increased 1/2D Range (×2), +5%; Increased Range (×2), +10%; Variable, +5%; Alternative Attack, ×1/5) [17]; Crushing Attack (Repulsors) 4d (Damage Modifier: Double Knockback, +20%; Increased 1/2D Range (×5), +10%; Rapid Fire, RoF 2, +40%; Reduced Range (×1/2), -10%; Variable, +5%; Alternative Attack, ×1/5) [7]; Damage Resistance 120 [600]; Damage Resistance 30 (Torso Only, -10%) [135]; Enhanced Move (Air) 6 [120]; Enhanced Tracking 8 [40]; Extra Arms 2 (Weapon Mount, -80%) [4]; Flight (Space Flight, +50%) [60]; Infravision [10]; Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction (/10)) [150]; Radar (Extended Arc: 360°, +125%; Multi-Mode, +50%; Targeting, +20%) [59]; Sealed [15]; Super ST +13/+300 [520]; Telecommunications (Radio) (Secure, +20%; Video, +40%) [16]; Ultravision [10]; Vacuum Support [5].
Perks: Accessory (Forearm 25mm Rocket) [1]; Accessory (HUD Interface) [1]; Illumination [1].
Disadvantages: Electrical [-20]; Maintenance (Armoury (Battlesuits) or Mechanic (Robotics); 2 People; Weekly) [-10]; No Sense of Smell/Taste [-5].

Note: Weapons may include needle shooters, rocket pods, and similar. Use a minigun and shoulder-mounted gyroc launcher pod for the black and silver War Machine armor.

Mark III
The Mark III Iron Man armor is affectionately referred to him as his Stealth Armor. It possesses all the capabilities of the Mark II, and includes stealth features including a radar-absorbing coating and retro-reflective scales in the skin of the suit which render it invisible to the naked eye, and infrared and ultraviolet scanners.

2,023 points
Advantages:
Burning Attack (Chest RT) 8d (Armor Divisor (5), +150%; Damage Modifier: Surge, +20%; Increased 1/2D Range (×2), +5%; Variable, +5%) [112]; Burning Attack (Pulsars) 6d (Accessibility: Full Power Only For Last 25% of Max Range, -15%; Armor Divisor (5), +150%; Damage Modifier: Surge, +20%; Increased 1/2D Range (×10), +15%; Increased Range (×2), +10%; Rapid Fire, RoF 2×3. +70%; Variable, +5%) [107]; Crushing Attack (Chest RT) 12d (Damage Modifier: Double Knockback, +20%; Increased 1/2D Range (×2), +5%; Increased Range (×2), +10%; Variable, +5%; Alternative Attack, ×1/5) [17]; Crushing Attack (Repulsors) 4d (Damage Modifier: Double Knockback, +20%; Increased 1/2D Range (×5), +10%; Rapid Fire, RoF 2, +40%; Reduced Range (×1/2), -10%; Variable, +5%; Alternative Attack, ×1/5) [7]; Damage Resistance 120 [600]; Damage Resistance 30 (Torso Only, -10%) [135]; Enhanced Move (Air) 6 [120]; Enhanced Tracking 8 [40]; Extra Arms 2 (Weapon Mount, -80%) [4]; Flight (Space Flight, +50%) [60]; Infravision [10]; Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction (/10)) [150]; Invisibility (Electromagnetic) (Affects Machines, +50%; Switchable, +10%) [64]; Radar (Extended Arc: 360°, +125%; Multi-Mode, +50%; Targeting, +20%) [59]; Sealed [15]; Super ST +13/+300 [520]; Telecommunications (Radio) (Secure, +20%; Video, +40%) [16]; Ultravision [10]; Vacuum Support [5].
Perks: Accessory (Forearm 25mm Rocket) [1]; Accessory (HUD Interface) [1]; Illumination [1].
Disadvantages: Electrical [-20]; Maintenance (Armoury (Battlesuits) or Mechanic (Robotics); 2 People; Weekly) [-10]; No Sense of Smell/Taste [-5].

Design Notes:
1. I haven't yet statted up the Mark IV Hulkbuster armor. Not sure it's going to be produced during Year One, though.

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:23 PM   #1383
Phantasm

For the next batch, I've decided to delve into the cast and crew of Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell).

In short, Year One of this title will have two phases: Mar-Vell in his superhero career in and around Cape Canaveral, Florida, while officially spying on Earth (and most notably the United States space program) for the Kree Empire, and a later space opera phase where Mar and his lover, Una, are refugees from Kree justice in the greater galaxy as they work to halt a looming invasion from Mar's commanding officer.

I've got the space opera phase pretty nearly handled, but the earlier phase is lacking. Most notably, I've only really got one super-villain for Mar-Vell to fight - Nitro (notorious for being the character who gave Captain Mar-Vell the lung cancer that killed him in the comics).

So, I could use some ideas for super-villains for Mar-Vell to fight. Ideas?

Old 04-22-2017, 05:30 PM   #1384
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
So, I could use some ideas for super-villains for Mar-Vell to fight. Ideas?
Nitro is a good choice.
Skrulls would be classic. Inhumans if you have them around in the first year.
Villain super science organizations like AIM and Modok.
Anything like mutants, Deviants and Eternals or just geenric super beings as the genetic diversity and power set were key weaknesses of the Kree.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 05:41 PM   #1385
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Nitro is a good choice.
Skrulls would be classic. Inhumans if you have them around in the first year.
Villain super science organizations like AIM and Modok.
Anything like mutants, Deviants and Eternals or just geenric super beings as the genetic diversity and power set were key weaknesses of the Kree.
I've got plans for the Skrulls in the space opera phase, and I've already got long-term plans with Yon-Rogg and Maximus teaming up near the end of Year One. Like I said, I've got the space opera phase nearly fully hammered out. :)

Also, first post, Deviants and Eternals are not in the Reboot. Sorry. :(

Other ideas?

Old 04-22-2017, 05:52 PM   #1386
Refplace

Quote:

Also, first post, Deviants and Eternals are not in the Reboot. Sorry. :(

Other ideas?
Yeah I did not think you had them.
Year 1 I mostly see him as a bad guy trying to spy on all the science stuff for the Kree Empire to make sure earth does not become a problem.
Going that route the FF, Thinker, Aim, Enclave, and maybe even the Russian super team if he runs into trouble poking around the Russian Space program.
Nova would be great but also probably not a first year item.
The High Evolutionary would be interesting as well but I think he is another one you dont have the first year.
If you want him as a Hero than people trying to mess with the Space Program.
Too early for his cosmic foes to really show up.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 08:33 PM   #1387
Ultrogoth

How about Moonstone? She has the right power level and she was Ms. Marvel for a while. Cape Canaveral seems like the right place to get the stone that gave her those powers.
Ultrogoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 12:11 PM   #1388
Bandii

I always liked Warren Ellis' version of Mar-Vell from the Ultimates line of comics. The Galactus storyline.
Bandii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 12:50 PM   #1389
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandii View Post
I always liked Warren Ellis' version of Mar-Vell from the Ultimates line of comics. The Galactus storyline.
Speaking as someone who actively avoided the Ultimates universe, save for forays into Ultimate Spider-Man, can you elaborate on this? (Also remember I'm keeping Galactus in reserve for Year Two.)

Last edited by Phantasm; 04-23-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-23-2017, 02:26 PM   #1390
Bandii

Quote:
Speaking as someone who actively avoided the Ultimates universe, save for forays into Ultimate Spider-Man, can you elaborate on this? (Also remember I'm keeping Galactus in reserve for Year Two.)
The Ellis run was pretty good on both the Fantastic Four and this storyline, I liked his version of Mar-Vell because he wasn't just a human alien, he was an alien who'd undergone elective surgery to look like a human. Here's kind of a summary. I'll dig out my copies of the series and mine for specific elements that I liked.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Mahr_Vehl_(Earth-1610)

Mike
Bandii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avengers, captain america, captain marvel, chandley, character creation, chargen, iron man, marvel, phantasm, supers, thor, x-men