Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 10-08-2021, 09:30 AM   #1
GameBuddah

Default Dungeon Fantasy RPG / GURPS Banestorm Game

Tomorrow, I'm going to start the first real GURPS game I've run since 4th edition was published using the DFRPG, but set in the world of Banestorm.

The PCs are delvers hired by an Araterrean mercantile company to recover artefacts from around Yrth. It may remain a "dungeon of the week" game, or it may evolve into a more socially oriented game, but I like that DFRPG has all the rules you need in one place.
GameBuddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 07:09 PM   #2
LokRobster

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy RPG / GURPS Banestorm Game

Good luck and have fun!
Would love to hear how your campaign progresses; I’m intrigued what artifacts you come up with and stories behind them.
Old 10-16-2021, 10:36 AM   #3
restlessgriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBuddah View Post
Tomorrow, I'm going to start the first real GURPS game I've run since 4th edition was published using the DFRPG, but set in the world of Banestorm.

I'd love to hear details. I've wanted to set a campaign in the Banestorm setting using Dungeon Fantasy RPG. I love having a detailed setting. However, there are limitations in the setting that are a bit troublesome. The major one is how do you handle clerics and religion?
restlessgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 04:08 AM   #4
Carnifex

Quote:
Originally Posted by restlessgriffin View Post
I'd love to hear details. I've wanted to set a campaign in the Banestorm setting using Dungeon Fantasy RPG. I love having a detailed setting. However, there are limitations in the setting that are a bit troublesome. The major one is how do you handle clerics and religion?
I ran a game using Dungeon Fantasy RPG set in Banestorm, the campaign was centered around Castle Defiant. I admit I pretty much hand waved the whole clerics/religion thing simply by saying, "Well, that's the way we do things around here and we don't need any big city folks telling us any different!". After decades of isolation from Caithness, the surviving population went a bit native and developed into a more pagan society. I know it does not plug all the holes, but like all fantasy, it is best not to think about it too hard and just have fun.
Carnifex is offline   Reply With Quote