Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-08-2024, 11:59 AM   #281
TGLS

Default Re: Lost in Dreams II (OCC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Ooooh, am I getting a shiny new one! Can't wait!
Peter dreams of a magnificent city on a great river in the desert, surrounded by farmlands. The city, with few metal tools used by the general public. A darkness runs throughout the streets, as people seem to fear they're being watched, despite no sign of anyone near by. A guard armed with a spear strolls by, paying minimal attention to his surroundings.

A spear sways by and suddenly Peter sees inside a tavern. Men whisper hushed oaths as they plan something. His point of view moving backwards, a woman dressed in strange robes comes into view, in a very different place. She speaks to a man armed with a spear about something, and he rushes off.

As he shakes his spear as he runs, Peter sees a man on a throne, taking cruel delight in the suffering of a prisoner brought before him. He is surrounded by men and monsters, though he does not seem concerned for his safety. He even allows the prisoner to strike him, though the prisoner somehow misses.

The prisoner is killed with a spear, and the dream shifts again as the spear shakes. This time though, the dream feels different. The man on the throne has been stabbed with a spear, his face twisted with shock and terror. To him, being stabbed with this spear is as if the sun did not rise...

TL;DR: The shiny new world is Bel-3. That's the joke.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 09:13 AM   #282
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

I saw the grumpy Cat GIF, and I liked it!

Julian is awarded 5 points. Panogos has been wrapped up, and he'll be moving to a new world one way or another. This story is wrapped up, or at least this chapter of it is.

I'm curious if TGLS wants a brand new world or Wants to go to Koru

I've figured out all the finicky bits on Peter's next world. Sorry about the delay.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 09:19 AM   #283
the_matrix_walker

>refresh<
>refresh<
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I saw the grumpy Cat GIF, and I liked it!
It gave me a giggle, but thought maybe it was too grumpy. lol

Quote:
Julian is awarded 5 points. Panogos has been wrapped up, and he'll be moving to a new world one way or another. This story is wrapped up, or at least this chapter of it is.
Send in the clones!

Quote:
Koru? Should I know what that is? (I presume TGLS does...) EDIT! Found it, The Starpus Homeworld! Cool!

Quote:
I've figured out all the finicky bits on Peter's next world. Sorry about the delay.
No >refresh< Worries!

>refresh< I know you're the hardest working man in Play-by-Post! Your efforts are appreciated!

>refresh<

>refresh<

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 04-10-2024 at 09:59 AM.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 10:03 AM   #284
TGLS

Quote:
Julian is awarded 5 points.
I will spend these later, but just a couple questions:
  • Are there any skills to use any of the Astropic and Astropic related abilities?
  • How much of a limitation would "Not on powers" would be for Low Self-Image?
Quote:
Some scattered thoughts:
  • I'm kind of curious what the Concordance wants to do with Julian. I suppose they might want to try to have Julian teach other Astropics, but I imagine that won't work. I suppose he could be studied, but as it stands he's basically a curiosity. The Concordance (seemingly) doesn't like cloning, and I doubt they'd entertain alternatives that would let them use his genetics.
  • I kinda want Julian to be yanked to a new world when he seemingly dies, just to mess with his head.
  • I'm pretty sure Julian's only been in the Astropic universe for three/four days now. I think that's a pretty short period of time on a given world.
  • It's up to you, but not jumping to another world avoid disoriented adventures to secure pants and new powers (well, maybe on the second one). I don't see these as crucial but I think it's worth noting.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 09:25 AM   #285
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
  • Are there any skills to use any of the Astropic and Astropic related abilities?
Great question. I've been letting you use them using raw stats, though requiring a little bit of practice. I'd say scream, seek, and telepathy can be improved as easy skills based on will, per, and IQ, though I see a lot of potential for floating seek or telepathy. I'm not sure about TK: I think the skill if it existed would only be used to pull off stunts with it.

I'm sure you've noticed this about telepathy, but it works more like a racial only telesend, with a funny definition of "racial".

Quote:
  • How much of a limitation would "Not on powers" would be for Low Self-Image?
Its either -40% or -60%. As the powers list grows, -60% is probably more appropriate.

Quote:

Some scattered thoughts:
  • I'm kind of curious what the Concordance wants to do with Julian. I suppose they might want to try to have Julian teach other Astropics, but I imagine that won't work. I suppose he could be studied, but as it stands he's basically a curiosity. The Concordance (seemingly) doesn't like cloning, and I doubt they'd entertain alternatives that would let them use his genetics.
  • I kinda want Julian to be yanked to a new world when he seemingly dies, just to mess with his head.
  • I'm pretty sure Julian's only been in the Astropic universe for three/four days now. I think that's a pretty short period of time on a given world.
  • It's up to you, but not jumping to another world avoid disoriented adventures to secure pants and new powers (well, maybe on the second one). I don't see these as crucial but I think it's worth noting.
Ok, that's not conclusive, but it is helpful.

You've got a point about world-jumping being generally something we want to happen, and another about wanting to know what the concordance is going to do with Julian.

The day count is interesting, but not a big deal, and we could handle that in just a few posts. making him think he's dying every time isn't a high priority, but he could freak himself out into thinking he died.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 11:05 AM   #286
the_matrix_walker

This turn of events is interesting, VERY VERY interesting.

Peter got swept up in the storm he was dreaming of with his body not there, which is crazy enough, but it grabbed Goliath too, even though Peter was not the one doing the jumping. Funky!

Great dream post BTW, thank you! A lot of fascinating stuff to investigate! I wonder how many are tied in beyond just being touched by the same storm.

Yrth is exciting... I was always quite envious of the dragon storyline and Tereza's storyline in general! The Sultan-1 (or whatever it was called...) was super interesting with dreamscapes that are a great tie in the campaign dream powers.

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 04-13-2024 at 11:17 AM.
Old Today, 03:18 PM   #287
the_matrix_walker

OOh, is it an escape pod? An alien offspring? The Suspense!

Tags
ericthered, friendpmcii, lost in dreams