Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2021, 09:53 AM   #541
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua is able to quickly flit over the security guy as he stoops down looking for the tool. She lands silently, the tool in hand. The guy shakes his head, unable to find the obstruction, and tries shutting the door again. It shuts and locks with a click. He scowls at the door, then continues on his way to relieve himself in the washroom.
OK, I wait for the observant guard to leave the washroom and exit, and then repick the door.
Quote:
[372] 21-03-11 16:50:56 CET
Elec Ops
3d6 <= 14 : 1 + 2 + 6 = 9 ... success
[372] 21-03-11 16:50:56 CET
Elec Ops
3d6 <= 14 : 1 + 2 + 6 = 9 ... success
[374] 21-03-11 16:51:43 CET
Traps
3d6 <= 15 : 1 + 3 + 2 = 6 ... success
[375] 21-03-11 16:52:04 CET
Lockpicking
3d6 <= 12 : 1 + 4 + 6 = 11 ... success
So do my previous disarming rolls stand?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 01:38 PM   #542
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
So do my previous disarming rolls stand?
They do. Hua gets back in, and disables all of the weapons in that armory.


One more to go! Hua can feel herself slowing down.



As she is a quarter of the way done with the last wall, a second head pops in: "Hey! what's going on it here? Its a little late to be doing an inventory!".


She thinks she can see the non-commissioned officer insignia on his jumpsuit. She is, of course, still invisible.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 02:32 PM   #543
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
As she is a quarter of the way done with the last wall, a second head pops in: "Hey! what's going on it here? Its a little late to be doing an inventory!".


She thinks she can see the non-commissioned officer insignia on his jumpsuit. She is, of course, still invisible.
I don't suppose I'm in any position to jam the door again. Could I throw something to make a noise to so the officer will enter to investigate? Am I holding a gun at the moment? Is it disarmed?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 02:39 PM   #544
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I don't suppose I'm in any position to jam the door again. Could I throw something to make a noise to so the officer will enter to investigate? Am I holding a gun at the moment? Is it disarmed?

You can certainly try to jam the door again. You can also take the tool you would use the jam the door and drop it. Of course, you were lucky to get out without being noticed last time you tried that trick.



You haven't been picking up guns to disarm them. There is still a wall of functional weapons next to you. With your unarmed combat skills, I don't know if you'd need them.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 02:59 PM   #545
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
You can certainly try to jam the door again. You can also take the tool you would use the jam the door and drop it. Of course, you were lucky to get out without being noticed last time you tried that trick.
I drop the allen key I used to jam the door to make a small noise. When the officer enters to investigate, I try to slip next to them and attempt a proper use of confuse.

Quote:
[376] 21-03-11 21:57:15 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16 : 4 + 2 + 2 = 8 ... success

[377] 21-03-11 21:57:37 CET
Confuse
3d6 <= 15 : 3 + 6 + 2 = 11 ... success
If the rest of the wall will take less than a minute, I'll finish it off before leaving, assuming the NCO didn't resist.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 03:13 PM   #546
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I drop the allen key I used to jam the door to make a small noise. When the officer enters to investigate, I try to slip next to them and attempt a proper use of confuse.


If the rest of the wall will take less than a minute, I'll finish it off before leaving, assuming the NCO didn't resist.

He does not, and as you leave, you think you see him stir.



Only the one armory you left alone contains functional weapons.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 03:21 PM   #547
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
He does not, and as you leave, you think you see him stir.



Only the one armory you left alone contains functional weapons.
OK, guess it's just a stealth roll to head back to my bunkroom and try to recover before my next shift.

Quote:
[378] 21-03-11 22:20:03 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16 : 2 + 1 + 6 = 9 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 09:41 AM   #548
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

The elevator is fixed within two hours of it breaking.



The armory is 83% disabled (as planned). Hua makes it back to her quarters safely.


All three companions have had their minds tweaked.



Does anyone have anything else to do before the next meeting?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 03-12-2021 at 09:45 AM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 09:55 AM   #549
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Does anyone have anything else to do before the next meeting?
I'd like to skulk around a little the following night to see if I can find any actionable intelligence and possibly start casing Officer shift patterns.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 09:59 AM   #550
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'd like to skulk around a little the following night to see if I can find any actionable intelligence and possibly start casing Officer shift patterns.

Skulk around where specifically? And what sort of intelligence are you looking for?



casing officer shift patterns would be its own thing and take a night.



If you're going to be active two nights in a row, we'll need to start tracking missed sleep. You lost an hour of sleep disabling the weapon's locker.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.