Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Miniatures

Old 12-13-2021, 05:35 PM   #1
Worldwalker

Default TFT Miniatures Kickstarter!

The Kickstarter is live!

It consists of 33 (as of last count; stretch goals are falling fast) miniatures for The Fantasy Trip delivered as STL files, so you can print them yourself on your home 3D printer.

These are some cool files. I should know; I've printed hundreds of test prints over the past few months! There are skeletons, two clans of orcs (Bloody Skulls and Scorpions), octopi, and an awesome Long Lankin. Plus there will be lore written by Steve Jackson, stats for a new monster, and of course the opportunity to get pledges and add-ons with various W23 items, including Hexagram #8.

If you don't happen to have a 3D resin printer yet, this is a great time to get one -- the informational README file that comes with the miniatures gives you suggestions for what you need to get started. Holiday time is here; drop some hints to your relatives before they get you a gold-plated turnip twaddler or a subscription to the Sock of the Month Club! Doing favors for a friend with a printer could work, too, or check out your local library or makerspace.

Want to try them out? Download a free sample mini (an octopus warrior with a shortsword and two-handed ... two-tentacled? ... sword) on Warehouse 23 or DriveThruRPG!

Take that, snarled supply chain!
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 08:10 PM   #2
Mack_JB

Default Re: TFT Miniatures Kickstarter!

Turnip Twaddler? I'll have you know that is my most treasured possession purchased from the Berke Breathed Emporium of Useless Tools!
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 09:06 AM   #3
XRaysVision

I'm really hoping that the response to this Kickstarter is positive enough to encourage SJG to do more. This offering is most welcome with the iconic bad guys included. Most of all the octopuses (yes that's the correct way to say it).

One of the things that I've found during my seemingly endless search for suitable printable miniatures, is a lack of simple heroes and delvers. The mainstream are all concentrating on sculpting the most ornate, complicated, miniatures ever seen. It almost seems to be an unwritten competition between sculptors to produce the spikiest armor, in ordinarily hugest swords, most endowed -- most scantily clad females in the industry.

My hope is that SJG will, eventually, get around to offering some well sculpted good guys and bad guy humans that are thematically consistent with the Old School vibe of Melee, Wizard, and TFT. Personally, I would be all over a Kickstarter offering 3D printable versions of the counters in Melee and Wizard! Perhaps, even better, would be to start working through the pre-generated characters that are provided on the existing character cards.

Anyway, that's my hope for future KS projects.
XRaysVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 10:26 PM   #4
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

I think you'll like the next few sets.
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 07:40 PM   #5
Worldwalker

I just want to thank everyone who backed this project, along with Steve, Phil, Ben, Spyros, Jon, Facz, the other Ben of the Base Bases, and especially Joel, who has had to put up with months of things like me staying up to 5 on Christmas morning printing out tests of Saint Ick.

It's been a long, strange trip. I'm looking forward to clearing hundreds of Foes miniatures off my desk ... and replacing them with hundreds of the next project. I have some of those already, and I promise you, they're gonna be good!
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 10:30 AM   #6
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Semi-update. Everything proceeds well. Ben did a beautiful job of laying out the README.
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote