Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-10-2021, 08:45 AM   #241
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Knockdown
Varsarious keeps running, heedless of her wound. Moving at a slower speed, the man in black is gaining... but not enough to matter for the seventh second. He closes in, dropping the distance to 13 yards... but the next three bullets wiz past without striking. The man holsters the pistol on the ninth second, coming to 10 yards away... and draws a new pistol for the last second... two more bullets are coming for Vasarrious, and then She'll be a creature of air.

Quote:

(Sorry, crazy at work and not much time for personal creativity this week...)
We know how that goes! take care of yourself!

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 11-10-2021 at 09:27 AM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 10:00 AM   #242
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll use IQ to retroactively ask Yorinor to draw me a map (if only a rough one).

Then I'll use Intuition to guess which is the best of the caves the government hid stuff in to check first.

Its a long walk in the dark. The caves are ancient, and the main routes are well paved. The front areas are touristy, but once in the restricted area, everything is spartan. A lot of development was done here, though.

The Area Halcyone wants to visit is blocked by a large metal gate and a lock.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 11-10-2021, 11:03 AM   #243
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Its a long walk in the dark.
I'll retroactively remember to bring a flashlight or something similar.
Quote:
[134] 21-11-10 17:59:29 GMT
IQ
3d6 <= 16
4 + 1 + 1 = 6 ... success
[Then again I do have a smartphone so that would work too?]

Quote:
The Area Halcyone wants to visit is blocked by a large metal gate and a lock.
Well I was never good with locks, so I'll just bust through:
Quote:
[135] 21-11-10 18:02:14 GMT
Forced Entry
3d6 <= 14
3 + 6 + 6 = 15 ... failure
Or not. I'll shoot that lock off unless there's a modifier I'm not aware of.. I'll try to squeeze through a gap if there is any.

Last edited by TGLS; 11-10-2021 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Changed my mind
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 12:46 PM   #244
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I'll retroactively remember to bring a flashlight or something similar.

[Then again I do have a smartphone so that would work too?]
A smartphone would work for a while, but you probably want a better battery and bulb. You can have a flashlight. As soon as I retroactively strap a 10lb backpack full of retroactive items to you. Your ST is 20, so it should be fine...

Quote:
Well I was never good with locks, so I'll just bust through:

Or not. I'll shoot that lock off unless there's a modifier I'm not aware of.. I'll try to squeeze through a gap if there is any.

Oh, right, you're an extra-flexible octopus. Roll escape at -2.

Old 11-10-2021, 03:00 PM   #245
TGLS

Quote:
A smartphone would work for a while, but you probably want a better battery and bulb. You can have a flashlight. As soon as I retroactively strap a 10lb backpack full of retroactive items to you. Your ST is 20, so it should be fine...
That's fair. Then again I'd also have gone with a -1 for every additional thing I forgot. On the other hand I don't think I'm getting the backpack through the gap either.

Quote:
Oh, right, you're an extra-flexible octopus. Roll escape at -2.
Yeah, apparently I forgot too.

Quote:
[136] 21-11-10 21:58:08 GMT
Escape (at -2)
3d6 <= 15
5 + 6 + 2 = 13 ... success
So I twist myself around in a way that would make a contortionist green with envy. What's behind the gate?
Old 11-11-2021, 01:14 PM   #246
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
So I twist myself around in a way that would make a contortionist green with envy. What's behind the gate?

After a few more bends in the cave, Halcyone sees peices of what looks like a small temple, looking a great deal like the temples at the imperial tomb that Halcyone saw pictures of during research for the mission. There does not seem to be any power associated with the installation, just an ancient and stately building. It seems to have been kept clean until comparatively recently.

Old 11-11-2021, 03:45 PM   #247
TGLS

Quote:
After a few more bends in the cave, Halcyone sees peices of what looks like a small temple, looking a great deal like the temples at the imperial tomb that Halcyone saw pictures of during research for the mission. There does not seem to be any power associated with the installation, just an ancient and stately building. It seems to have been kept clean until comparatively recently.
Anything written or drawn anywhere? If I can't spot anything, I'll enter the temple and see if I find anything.
Old 11-11-2021, 06:42 PM   #248
the_matrix_walker

Vassarious takes another bullet before dissolving fully into mist and taking for the skies...

(uggghhh!)
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 10:55 AM   #249
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Anything written or drawn anywhere? If I can't spot anything, I'll enter the temple and see if I find anything.

Nothing is written or drawn on the outside of the temple. Its inside contains a message, and an Image.

"Here lies a sacred temple of Maximus. Tresspass not. If ye be not a priest, tresspass not. If ye be a priest, trespass not. Approach not, unless ye be commanded."

A small glowing translucent hologram begins to appear in front of Halcyone, in the image of the emperor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious takes another bullet before dissolving fully into mist and taking for the skies...

(uggghhh!)
10 damage to the torso. Make a HT roll to stay conscious... Vassarious does turn into mist to flee... but at below 0 hit points...

Old 11-12-2021, 12:29 PM   #250
TGLS

Quote:
Nothing is written or drawn on the outside of the temple. Its inside contains a message, and an Image.

"Here lies a sacred temple of Maximus. Tresspass not. If ye be not a priest, tresspass not. If ye be a priest, trespass not. Approach not, unless ye be commanded."

A small glowing translucent hologram begins to appear in front of Halcyone, in the image of the emperor.
I turn to the hologram, and say: "You know, you could have gotten away with just the first and last sentences. Then again you'd think the gate would be a strong enough message too."

"I'm Halcyone. Some splinter of the Emperor said to come here, that he's been betrayed by the priests who keep his body. He said I could fix this somewhere in these caves."

Quote:
10 damage to the torso. Make a HT roll to stay conscious... Vassarious does turn into mist to flee... but at below 0 hit points...
So I guess if Vassarious passes out they're going to hoover them up?