Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2022, 07:07 AM   #1
Kesendeja

Default Please help price two Critical related advantages

I’d like some help pricing two advantages, mostly because I feel I may have undervalued them in my last campaign.

The first is, for lack of a better name, Improved Critical Result. It comes in two levels and each allows you to move your rolled result up or down by a +/- 1 on the chart. I had it priced at 10cp and 20cp respectively.

The second may already exist, but if so I can’t find it. Improved Critical Range gives a +1 to the critical of any one skill, to a maximum of 7. We treated it as a perk that had to be bought per skill.

Both were a direct result of players in my game. One was a player who was truly cursed by the spirits of the dice. In twenty-six, four hour sessions he rolled maybe 4 criticals in combat, and of those three were 9, 10, & 11 result level. He could critical on totally meaningless filler rolls easily though. The second was a player who rolled an exorbitant number of sevens, and almost never managed to critical on any roll.

Tags
critical success