Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2021, 07:47 AM   #341
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"Well, I never!"
And Vassarious slashes out Retifurus' legs.

"I was going to let you walk out of here, but such rudeness deserves chastisement sonny."
"Go back to where you came from, little girl."

Retifurus is wearing an armor vest, carrying two pistols, and two knives, a bunch of ammo for the gun, besides a radio earpiece, a phone, a badge, and a wallet.

Seeing the Radio, Vassarious gets the feeling* that Retifurus wasn't operating alone.

*Danger Sense
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 08:08 AM   #342
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Go back to where you came from, little girl."

Retifurus is wearing an armor vest, carrying two pistols, and two knives, a bunch of ammo for the gun, besides a radio earpiece, a phone, a badge, and a wallet.

Seeing the Radio, Vassarious gets the feeling* that Retifurus wasn't operating alone.

*Danger Sense
"you were kind of fun until you turned into a sore loser."

Vassarious collects the items as they conduct the search, other than the vest, and when the hairs on their neck stand up, they leap behind some kind of cover and put in the earpiece.

If nothing immediately happens, Vassarious will see if they can detect anything other than Retifurus with their supernatural sense.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 09:46 AM   #343
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The community is probably 50 large houses or so. Not large enough for commercial space... though they probably have servants that come to cook, clean, and do yard work.
If I could tell where I was going before hand, maybe I could look up a random address to use for a lie?
Quote:
[234] 21-12-23 15:22:36 GMT
Research
3d6 <= 15
3 + 1 + 5 = 9 ... success
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Halcyone jumps out of the car... what will she
say.
Hm... I'll claim I was hired as an interior decorator for the house I looked up. I suppose I might be asked for an invitation or something, which I'll say I don't have because it's was short notice. I'll also mention that I'm crazy busy, and if I'm turned away now the residents aren't going to have another opportunity for a month (implying it will get the guard into trouble).

Quote:
[235] 21-12-23 16:45:54 GMT
Savoir Faire (Servant)
3d6 <= 16 : 4 + 1 + 1 = 6 ... success
[236] 21-12-23 16:46:23 GMT
Acting
3d6 <= 15 : 2 + 5 + 6 = 13 ... success
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 08:09 AM   #344
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"you were kind of fun until you turned into a sore loser."

Vassarious collects the items as they conduct the search, other than the vest, and when the hairs on their neck stand up, they leap behind some kind of cover and put in the earpiece.

If nothing immediately happens, Vassarious will see if they can detect anything other than Retifurus with their supernatural sense.
Nothing (else) supernatural is in the area... but Vassarious spots the shilotte of at least three hawkmen with long arms taking up positions on the roofs above him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
If I could tell where I was going before hand, maybe I could look up a random address to use for a lie?
yes... nice idea

Quote:
Hm... I'll claim I was hired as an interior decorator for the house I looked up. I suppose I might be asked for an invitation or something, which I'll say I don't have because it's was short notice. I'll also mention that I'm crazy busy, and if I'm turned away now the residents aren't going to have another opportunity for a month (implying it will get the guard into trouble).
The gate is having trouble anyways, so the guard lets you on through. The houses are large and expensive, but don't seem to have any additional security... other than the large privacy hedges that keep them from seeing each other properly.

The taxi driver wants to know if Halcyone should be dropped off or if he should wait.

what will Halcyone do to investigate/impersonate/suborn the priest now that she is at his home?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 08:17 AM   #345
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Nothing (else) supernatural is in the area... but Vassarious spots the shilotte of at least three hawkmen with long arms taking up positions on the roofs above him.
The old woman races away in the direction of the most cover and darts into a building to cut through and lose the pursuers, listening on the earpiece for enemy chatter.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 12:24 AM   #346
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The taxi driver wants to know if Halcyone should be dropped off or if he should wait.

what will Halcyone do to investigate/impersonate/suborn the priest now that she is at his home?
How close is the priest's home to the perimeter of the gated community? What are the walls of the community like? What is the surrounding area of the community like? Probably going to note the address and prepare for for a more discreet time.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 08:35 AM   #347
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
The old woman races away in the direction of the most cover and darts into a building to cut through and lose the pursuers, listening on the earpiece for enemy chatter.

All the doors except for the place you just came from are locked...


Are you going in there or making a forced entry roll to bar through a locked door or boarded up window?



Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
How close is the priest's home to the perimeter of the gated community? What are the walls of the community like? What is the surrounding area of the community like? Probably going to note the address and prepare for for a more discreet time.

The Priest's home is right up next to the exterior wall, which is a 9 foot tall 2 foot thick brick barrier with cameras posted on top of it. There is a lot of vegetation, with bushes in front of every house and dividing lots from each other, with trees out front... lots of cover. Just outside of the community is a main road, and a different gated community on the other side. A half mile down the road is a park, and in the other direction a small commercial area
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 08:48 AM   #348
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
All the doors except for the place you just came from are locked...


Are you going in there or making a forced entry roll to bar through a locked door or boarded up window?
Vassarious breaks in through a barded-up window to get out of view and make their escape!
Spoiler:  

The old woman tears through the sash of a boarded window and dives through, turning a corner through an office and over a desk, and out the door.
She tumbles down a corridor and unlocks and slips through a window on the other side of the building... but not as quietly as she would have liked...

Spoiler:  


V will try and extricate themselves from this part of the city as quickly as possible and try and lose any pursuers.

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 12-29-2021 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Added a bit of detail
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 08:20 AM   #349
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

The chatter is instant:


"She's moving!"

"She's in the northeast brick building, broke through a window"
"Keep eyes on her, but don't close in further than you need to. I'm seeing if we can get a new line to the emperor."
"what is that thing? I didn't think she was armed!"
"I saw her, 30 degrees north out a window!"



This is now a chase scene... Vassarious starts at medium range. Her pursuers are winged. This is a very dense urban area. The hawk soldiers get +4 to the chase because of their wings... success by three. They also get in a few shots. One bullet might hit the left arm for 23 damage. Regen is how many minutes per point?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 08:32 AM   #350
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The Priest's home is right up next to the exterior wall, which is a 9 foot tall 2 foot thick brick barrier with cameras posted on top of it. There is a lot of vegetation, with bushes in front of every house and dividing lots from each other, with trees out front... lots of cover.
So there's enough vegetation on the inside of the gated community to remain concealed for an extended period of time? Seems a bit strange to me. If that's the case, I'll pay the cabbie, wave him off and melt into the shrubbery. I'll keep eyes out on the house to see who's coming and going, and wait until night and for the house to go dark.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.