Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2024, 10:50 AM   #1651
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Vassarious' voice now had a disquieting tone, as they say with a wisp of smoke escaping their lips...

"It is the power of my people... be not alarmed."

Vassarious plots where the swarm was first seen to where it is and tries to determine the range the orb must occupy to control the swarm through its path.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 01:16 PM   #1652
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

The swarm is moving at walking pace, presumably along the same road you are. The owner could be using the road, or could be walking along parallel with it.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 01:41 PM   #1653
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The swarm is moving at walking pace, presumably along the same road you are. The owner could be using the road, or could be walking along parallel with it.
Maybe we could set an ambush along the road, and catch them unaware after the swarm comes by.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 07:32 AM   #1654
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Haley and Arlon both lack stealth, but are willing to take deep cover in the forest if you two feel comfortable handling the ambush.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 07:41 AM   #1655
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Haley and Arlon both lack stealth, but are willing to take deep cover in the forest if you two feel comfortable handling the ambush.
Halcyone mumbles a curse she once heard from a follower of some adventuring god named Kromm, and agrees to take up the ambush.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 07:44 AM   #1656
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Haley and Arlon both lack stealth, but are willing to take deep cover in the forest if you two feel comfortable handling the ambush.
Sounds like a plan! I'm in!
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 07:44 AM   #1657
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

The two hide in the woods, waiting for their quarry. They both roll 11. (retrospect: I should have only rolled once for the two of you). The opposition rolls 13. I'm not seeing Halcyone's stealth skill on her sheet... am I missing something?



You see a human wearing leather armor and carrying an orb. The swarms are about 10 yards in front of him and 10 yards up. A mountain elf archer in leather armor and Minotaur guard with a halberd walk behind and in front of her.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 09:17 AM   #1658
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The two hide in the woods, waiting for their quarry. They both roll 11. (retrospect: I should have only rolled once for the two of you). The opposition rolls 13. I'm not seeing Halcyone's stealth skill on her sheet... am I missing something?
Bottom of page 1, below smuggling and shortsword. I have a 15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
You see a human wearing leather armor and carrying an orb. The swarms are about 10 yards in front of him and 10 yards up. A mountain elf archer in leather armor and Minotaur guard with a halberd walk behind and in front of her.
What's our range? What's the SM of the orb?

Oh, and most importantly, how sure are we that these are baddies?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 08:23 AM   #1659
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

thanks on the stealth. I thought I might have been missing something.


You can start the engagement with a distance of anywhere between 4 yards and 20 yards.


The orbs is a 6 inch sphere, so... SM-5.



You have only contextual clues as to their innocence, guilt or intentions. They are not speaking as they hike down the road.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 08:26 AM   #1660
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

"Shall we waylay the traveller and enquire as to their intentions?"
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.