View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #9
pup67vargr

Default Re: Discussion for new GURPS Traveller PbP game

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJuan View Post
I might need to do a bit of digging concerning the era, since the only book I have in my possession is the 4th ed Traveller : ISW book. If need be, I might just become a pain in the ass and ask a tone of questions ;)
Feel free, we welcome pains in our backsides! :-D Some of us probably have answers, too, but I do reserve the right as GM to change anything that I don't think suits the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulos05 View Post
Well, with 3 of us, we're either looking at doubling up on characters or skeleton-crewing our ship (unless we take a Scout).

Personally, I'd be in favor of taking a slightly larger vessel than the standard Beowulf/Hero class, maybe based off the Lightning class Far Trader in ISW. IIRC, that's like 14 crew members. Most of them could be red shirts, having only the occasional cameo appearance, with maybe just the officer character's being fully fleshed out. Just a thought. Hero-class ships work pretty well with 5 people, though we could do 6 for a gunner, so that would actually be perfect.

ISW is Interstellar Wars period. It's the time when the Terrans beat the Vilani. Personally, I'll start researching the Long Night.
Hold on with that research! Maybe ISW would be a better period to use? I found that book after all, you see....

And the Hero class 200-DTon Private Merchant has a crew of 5 officers and 3 petty officers. Since we will have 2 pcs per player, we can double-up on one officer slot, say put an Officer over the medical section with a petty officer assistant physician, or a Gunnery Officer like you suggested. That will give each Player 2 Officers and 1 Petty Officer (red shirt) to control. If that's too much, one or two of those three can be designated NPCs, but we need to have each player controlling the same number of characters.

[REVISED this below already! Looking to get by in a Hero Class Private Merchant with TWO PCs each -- keep on reading....]

Wow, I gotta read-up on this ISW period! Looks very cool, and I can't wait!

Last edited by pup67vargr; 08-03-2011 at 10:38 PM.
pup67vargr is offline   Reply With Quote