View Single Post
Old 10-21-2021, 10:49 PM   #1
DAT

Default Occupations on a Deep Beyond Space Station

I am working on an adventure setting, and could use some brainstorming help if folks are interested.

The starting location for the adventure is to be an isolated space station focused on scientific work, with lots of field science expeditions.

I need some ideas for lowly/non-adventurous jobs on the station. I’m trying to not include any jobs that the Station’s SAI would likely just run (e.g., no janitor/custodian, because the SAI would likely just direct the cleaning bots) but having someone capable of doing critical functions incase the Station SAI has a problem (e.g., electrical maintenance) are okay.

My starting list:
  • Pharmer/Botanist (helps feed the station)
  • Research Assistant/Archivist (helps record the scientist’s findings)
  • He-Man (helps operate the stations power plant, backup to Station SAI)
  • IT Field Tech (helps fix gear)
  • Maintenance Worker (Electrician/Mechanic for station systems, backup to Station SAI’s LAI/NAI bots)
  • Space Craft Mechanic (does maintenance on station’s space craft)
  • Medic/Physician’s Assistant (handles normal medical procedures on the station, not field work)
  • Miner (runs mining bots to feed the stations 3D printers)
  • Taylor (3D print operator specializing in customizing clothing)
  • Equipment Designer (customizes 3D printer files to fabricate specially equipment)
  • Cook/Chef at station cafeteria (has bot assistants)
  • Counselor/Psychiatrist
  • School Principal (helps establish curriculum for baomubots – informorphs teaching children)

Any additions?

Any of these jobs especially well suited for a Ghost, versus a biological or SAI?
DAT is offline   Reply With Quote