View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 10:19 AM   #38
Wraithe

Default Re: DF Town near Dungeon online resource

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective_Restraint View Post
And I completely agree with that statement. I never said a lumberjack should get a high skill in Axe ? Don't forget an ordinary lumberjack would probably have a skill of 12 (look at Choosing Your Skill Levels B172). By letting him default Axe to it's professional skill at -4, it would give him a skill of Axe-8. While a complete neophyte like myself would simply default to DX -4 and get a skill of Axe-6. A trained axe soldier would simply get a skill of Axe-12. Then the whole chain holds true, the woodsman could mop the floor with me while the soldier could still beat the woodsman easily.
Apologies, I see now where you are coming from on that.

So, here's a related Question: IS there a set default from Professional Skill vis-a-vis Sport?

I know that Sport (Axe) works at Skill-3, but there's nothing I can find that says anything about professional skills being used in combat.

Personally, I think I'd go with the same default as Sport, although your -4 might be more apropos. (After all, in a Sport you are at least going with the idea that you would be hitting someone)
Wraithe is offline   Reply With Quote