View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 08:46 PM   #10
b-dog

Default Re: DF Town near Dungeon online resource

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper6 View Post
I'm not trying to insult you. I'm being deadly serious in my suggestion. You don't need pages and pages of pre-done stats for each innkeeper and each homeless guy in a town. You can stat up an entire town on the fly the way I described. This is how I deal with my towns. And let me tell you, I take my towns very seriously. I know that they can be fun. Because 95% of all my adventures are city adventures. They are fleshed out and in depth and interesting. And the core of it all, stat-wise, comes from what I outlined above.

All the rest of what you are looking for is adventure seeds, organization and fluff...which can easily be system independent...and which you already seem to have a very clear idea of what you want. I can't give you the fluff, because my idea of a town near a dungeon is very clearly different from yours. Just make your own stuff. You are basically already there. You know that you want people in the town who are in league with the powers that be in a dungeon. You tend to have very definite and idiosyncratic ideas of what dungeons and towns should be like. Just write it up in a few paragraphs, keep the guidelines I posted above as your method to stat up all general personnel. Do a full character sheet for 5-7 other figures that will be important to you, and you are done.
Sorry about that. I just thought you were messing with me. I guess I am hoping for some skills for the townspeople beyond the combat ones because the PCs can't really chop up the people in the town if they are good or neutral.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote