View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 10:12 AM   #2
mearrin69

Default Re: DF Town near Dungeon online resource

I don't have anything to help you out directly but I'd suggest that there are a number of "base" towns already created for D&D that would probably work well for Dungeon Fantasy. There are a ton of these out there in various products (many available only used), ranging from cities like Waterdeep and Greyhawk to villages like Saltmarsh and Hommet (sp?). There are also some more outre locations like Sharn and Sigil, if you'd rather.

Paizo has done a particularly good job on these for its adventure paths - Calderon, Diamond Lake, Sasserine, Sandpoint, Magnimar, Korvosa, Riddleport, Katapesh, etc.

Just a thought and, if you don't want to use one of these cities in full you can always just pull the more interesting locations from them into your own creation - or copy them heavily. Just 2 cp worth. Good luck with your town building. Maybe I'll throw a shop idea on here tonight so I'm more closely on topic :) You want traditional fantasy (with typical races, magic shops, etc.?) or more realistic, human-only fantasy? I assume the former, since we're talking about DF, but just checking.
M
mearrin69 is offline   Reply With Quote