View Single Post
Old 08-30-2022, 02:06 AM   #6
whswhs

Default Re: Tell us how your Campaigns are going, also get and give advice

I'm currently running three campaigns.

* Fronteira is a GURPS campaign set on Mars in the year 2240 of an alternate timeline, Shikaku-Mon, taken from GURPS Alternate Earths. It's a mixture of family saga, slice of life, and perhaps a touch of soap opera and workplace drama; all the characters are members of a wealthy family in Pavonis Portal, the city at the ground terminus of Mars's orbital elevator. It's largely going well, but I do need to introduce some added dramatic tension; I'm thinking of having one of the PCs discover that he has an illegitimate son who has now come to adulthood.

* Gate of Horn is a FUDGE campaign set in the present-day Bay Area, but largely taking place within the shared dreams of the player characters—and of one of the NPCs, who is a schizophrenic woman living on the streets and cut off from her own dreams. One of her recurrent dream companions, an anthropomorphic jackrabbit who is now hideously scarred, has been appearing as a PC. In the latest session they cut off the head of the entity that has been inhabiting the woman's mind; they now have it in a metal-bound wooden chest, since it continued to talk to them after its severance. Now I need to come up with further challenges for them to face, since they've done away with the immediate Big Bad.

* Satanic Mills is a Buffy the Vampire Slayer campaign set in Manchester in the 1830s, when it's the most prosperous industrial city on Earth. The big challenge there is external: One of the three players has had to skip recent sessions in the aftermath of a death in the family and will be out for some time, if indeed he ultimately returns. I've had inquiries about adding another player, and if she decides she's interested I'm going to work on a new character for her (the player who's currently playing the Slayer has offered to step down in her favor if she wants to assume that role). A running motif here has been that the current Slayer has become aware of the Watchers and is systematically avoiding revealing herself to them.

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is online now   Reply With Quote