Thread: A bit of Advice
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 12:24 AM   #9
Nymdok

Default Re: A bit of Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
I’ve been recently asked by a friend to run a game ( a brief campaign actually) for him and his pals

Preparation
Should I prepare anything else (a part from the usual set: maps, handout, pictures etc...)

Characters
Campaign
Deciding what kind of adventure to run has been difficult.
So what campaign should I run? And how many points should I concede? Are there any other problem should I be aware?
Combat sheets are a great Idea. Someone has a color coded one that is really nice! A simplified version for Gurps lite might be useful.

For charachters, regardless of what genre you play, stick to archetypes. YOu can enforce this thorugh party templates or whatever you like. Make sure everyone knows who the fighter/gun bunny is and who the Mage/Scientist is ans who the Cleric/Medic is.

For the campaign, do something straight up and simple. You can kill huge amounts of Zombies, Aliens/Xenomorphs, Robots etc without a single drop of guilt. You can add charachter rich bad guys as you see fit, but starting out simple is always my recomendation.

For Charachters and Points, I think 180/-35 (without counting ability sell offs) is probably what I would prescribe. That give you a budget of 215 to work with. Thats about 30 for skills, 120-160 for attributes, and about 25-40 for some nice Advantages.

Nymdok
Nymdok is offline   Reply With Quote