View Single Post
Old 09-14-2022, 09:28 AM   #1587
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
I have an expert with me. But he will need help with the set-up, carrying the explosives requires more men and he might need protection (just in case).
"Expert" is stretching it... he has little practical experience with conventional explosives.

Quote:
I just have to tell him I am clean, and he will believe it. We can use his position to shake off suspicion, if you have not been compromised (e.g. having been observed shooting the captain).

OOC: Also, it was a critical success with Mental Surgery (more than a year ago! Cool!).
critical success or not, its not foolproof.

Quote:
OOC (for Erick): Do they have comms in deck 19? Or is it just hydrogen blocks? Is it possible to lockdown the whole deck and flush the oxygen out at once? How many "clean" subverted do we have there besides Thibi? How many people can we hold at deck 19?
Locking the whole deck down is possible. Flushing the oxygen out of it is not, because the fore of deck 19 it has its own oxygen supply. The rear of deck 19 is smaller than a full deck and can be completely flushed, but that's not where everyone is trying to go. Flushing an entire deck will leave the people trapped with a fair amount of life support equipment.

I think all 2000 of the crew could be stuffed into deck 19 if necessary.

You are converting people at a rapid rate, so you can get dozens of clean subverted if you want. I don't think Thibi was ever mind controlled though, so she does not count as subverted. You have two officers playing that roll though: Vinobi is keeping the officers quarters from doing anything, and Vibibu is actively playing the mole*.

*with Bujithi, in a private cell gathering intelligence on the ship.... I think vinobi has gotten news by now. Bujithi became aware of the fight between the captain's quarters and the foreward command center because it was fought right next to his section (and some of his men were shot). He called all of his men to the upper missile section and was getting the bomb ready. He wasn't aware that Zybo and Tutuna grabbed a bomb, so had neither of them been stopped, they might have blown the entire ship up with no fragments.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 09-14-2022 at 09:34 AM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote