View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 07:30 AM   #102
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"I sure hope it's us. I think when the Emperor wakes up the war will end a few months after, if not sooner. Regardless, when he does wake up I don't think he'll side completely with us or with them. Hopefully he makes a compromise that's more livable than the last. Well, unless Kasada is right and the Emperor really is waiting for a bunch of patrician's heads on spikes."

Halcyone is kept with the staff-officers in training for another day. About halfway through the next day, she is called up and given transfer papers to work with the personal security of one of the top four generals. She is not to be in charge of the detail, merely to be part of the team.

The head of the detail meets her personally. He's a handsome looking fellow, dressed in a baggy uniform made to blend in with sand: a field uniform rather than a dress uniform. He looks at her. "They say you're a living terror in hand to hand. You don't look it. Welcome to Lithus and the heart of the rebellion. I'm Talthus, head of security for general Rubrum. Lets get you situated."

Halcyone is assigned to travel duty, protecting the Red General when he's traveling off of the base.

What is her next step?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote