View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 07:51 PM   #99
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Day is starting to feel good about things, with his powers returning. During the afternoon, he asks Pothi, "should we aim to visit another mess this evening?"
"You mean with our friends on the shield crew*? You heard about the Pooka-Pooka? I suppose you've got to eat it at least once. I grew up on Korjakor. Those things are a lot scarier when you see them in the wild. This one time..."

Pothi launches into a story about suddenly coming upon an enourmous insectiod creature when he was 10 years old, with the 20 legs and 6 inch body of a pooka pooka. They can be deadly if they sting you, and Pothi has at least half a dozen stories about growing up on the same world as the things, of which half seem to from childhood friends rather than himself.

The sheild crews cook appears to have deep fried a few. They're generally eaten as a token of fortitude and grit.

* you actually see these people more than the people you eat with, at least during the course of the day

Quote:
How close are we to the rendezvous?
The first of the three rendevous is tonight (tuesday) at 2 am. its important to make at least two.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote