View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 09:12 PM   #77
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Hm. Got the ship upside down.
Oh, yeah, I suppose the ship is upside down, compared to a building. The top of the ship is floor 1, an it counts down from there. I was looking at ship designs when I designed it, and Ships count up or down from their main deck, which looks mostly like counting down from the top.

If we had a main deck, it would be three. That's where everything gets loaded in.

Quote:
If I took out only one or two, could it be written off? Would taking out one or two have a meaningful consequence (i.e. would they be stretching it out, run through at regular pace and switch to pills, or what)? What kind of schedule are we operating on?
Taking out only one would be written off. Taking out two would raise suspicions, and increase precautions taken on the third. They've packed enough flour for three months. They might start stretching it if they lost some, but the extra food is mostly just in case. They figure if they delayed dreadstormers by three months the decisive battles of a war are likely to have occured anyways.

They've got enough pills to put in the food for another 3 months. If the ship stays out 6 months, they'll have switched to eating reprocessed food, and people will actually start complaining about actual slop. The flour is used as a suppressant source because its so much harder to destroy or swap discretely than a simple bottle of pills, and is difficult to avoid eating.

Quote:
I pause carefully, then say, “The first time wasn’t for any reason in particular, but I thought I saw the canola oil wasn’t properly tied down. Didn’t want to raise a fuss if nothing was wrong, so I decided to pass by a second time, just to make sure. Turns out I was mistaken.”
So Fast-Talk with complementary Freight Handling roll:
Botha raises an eyebrow "Canola Oil? I figured you might be looking for a snack." She gives Hua another hearty slap on the back "Figures".

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote