View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 03:13 AM   #408
Polydamas

Default Re: Antarctic Space Nazis Across the Multiverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
100KW to operate enough searchlights for aerial engagements. Maybe 250KW for the whole base.

I've realised something else they need. With it being night all the time, aerial attacks being one of the major threats, and searchlights actually being very bad for keeping a whole-sky watch (as well as shouting "we're here, come and attack us!"), they need radar. They really need it on the airship, too, but that's harder. I'll see if I can find something appropriate.
I had been explicitly leaving out RADAR, because (1) it was high-tech and in demand in the old Reich and far beyond the new Reich's capacity to build and maintain, and (2) that makes a TPK even more likely, especially if it is accurate enough to lay guns.

Also, I am not sure how well it would work on flying beasts.

I am sure they could fit a few of the models designed to be mounted on a Schnorkel or a Me-110 on porters through the World Tree, but I don't know how suitable those are for air defence.

If the sky pirates robbed the space nazis of an AA gun etc., but they don't know about Kadath Base, where did they steal it?

This forum got less aggravating when I started using the ignore feature
Polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote