View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 04:47 PM   #1
TippetsTX

Default Show me the magic!

Thought i would start a thread where we can share our homebrew spells as well as those converted from other systems.

I'll start us off...

IQ 8 - Trapsense (S)
This spell heightens your awareness of certain dangers within 3 MH of the caster. The wizard is more likely to detect simple pits, deadfalls, and snares as well as mechanical traps constructed of natural materials. The spell does not detect complex traps (including trapdoor traps), but it does detect certain natural hazards such as quicksand (a snare), a sinkhole (a pit), or unsafe walls of natural rock (a deadfall). It does not reveal other potentially dangerous conditions.

The spell does not detect magic traps (except those that operate by pit, deadfall, or snaring), nor mechanically complex ones, nor those that have been rendered safe or inactive.

The amount of information revealed depends on how long you study a particular area.
1st Turn: Presence or absence of hazards.
2nd Turn: Number of hazards and the location of each. If a hazard is outside your line of sight, then you discern its direction but not its exact location.
3rd and subsequent Turns: The general type and trigger for one particular hazard that you closely examine.

Each round, you can turn to detect snares and pits in a new area. The spell can penetrate barriers, but 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of iron or lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt will block it.

Cost: 1 ST per turn

Converted from Arcana Evolved - Spell Treasury

Last edited by TippetsTX; 12-19-2018 at 08:40 PM.
TippetsTX is offline   Reply With Quote