View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 09:14 AM   #137
D10

Location: In Rio de Janeiro, where it was cyberpunk before it was cool.
Default Re: Sonar and Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
Ah, I see.

We, of course, want an exotic variation on active sonar. Which is presumably on the agenda for Omnisys, albeit not yet ready in the real world. In-setting, of course, Omnisys or another company under Thales Grouo might well have added adjustments to the existing sonar arrays and be in the proccess of building dual-purpose sensors/weapon system sonar arrays today.

Are these real companies or your suggestions for names?

In the first case, can you tell me more about them and why they would be suitable front companies for extralegal counter-supernatural work?

If the latter, do you have any preferences for which police department or government agency uses which names for front companies for monster hunters operating outside of their normal duties or jurisdictions?
Some are real names like Drako and some are suggestions I found. And I think the Military Police are most likely to use private security as front for monster hunters. The MP are likely to have militia connections either directly or through private contractor proxies who would do the actual monster hunting, most likely.

Also concerning one of your questions earlier, it is common for military police to moonlight as private security. Some take a darker route and join militias that fight off drug-gangs but usually end up replacing them with a mafia of their own

Last edited by D10; 05-24-2019 at 09:19 AM.
D10 is offline   Reply With Quote