View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 06:22 PM   #563
StormCrow42

Default Re: Member House Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tembrock View Post
I was glad to see this thread. I've been playing the game for a while now (Fantasy version) with the first two expansions (#1 and #2) and the game seems to go nowhere fast. There are so many ways to loose levels that after an hour it's a miracle if anyone has moved up a level and stayed there. That seems imbalanced to me. I'm thinking about tuning the deck and removing a good deal of the level reducing elements to give the game some semblance of progression. Having been trying to introduce the game to new people at work on lunch breaks it's been hard to win people over with the constant level loss and lack of progression. If anyone has successfully done this or has suggestions on some deck tuning that has helped with this I'd much appreciate it.

One of our die hard gamers said he'd never seen the game so hard to play so he suspected that the expansion packs had skewed the game towards being more difficult to win/finish in a reasonable amt of time.

Thanks all!
I'm curious where you're finding all these level losing effects. You know you don't lose a level just because you lose a combat. In fact, if you successfully run away you don't suffer any consequences from the loss at all (with the exception of a few nasty monsters). And death doesn't cause level loss either.