View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 04:13 PM   #35
newton

Default Re: Ideas for a New long-term Campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseball View Post
Hello.

I've actually based myself a bit on Scott Helvenston, who joined the Navy at 16, and became a SEAL at 17. I've also kept in mind that, on average, Majors (MJRs) count with a service background of about 10 years (+/- 1 year), and that changing between branches maintains the rank of Officers. Additionally, Delta Force receives some of its training from the CIA (it seems like they can take expanded CIA training if they want). As for the FBI, she's practically fresh out of the academy (her Rank is 0).
The primary difference here is the distinction between commissioned and non combat officers. Commissioned officers are by and large college educated and then afterwards go to a school for officers. In contrast someone like Scott Helvenston is an NCO; he could join up at 16 because, to put it simply, he was an able bodied person and through experience and service got promoted. Past a certain point NCOs stop being direct commanders and become advisors to CO’s or covering a specific niche position.

To put it simply, to be a major at this point in her life she would have needed to start her military career as an ensign not as a seaman.

Last edited by newton; 04-13-2022 at 04:32 PM.
newton is offline   Reply With Quote