View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 03:57 PM   #11
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: Costs Fatigue and Affliction: Advantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmetahuman View Post
You make the afflictor pay, unless the advantage is fully under the control of the subject.
Hmm. I don't think I'd go that way. That leads to the odd condition where Costs FP 10 would have radically different effects on the cost of the Affliction advantage, depending on whether you applied it to the base Affliction or the included advantage, but the same cost to the person using the Affliction.
Instead, I'd prefer to say that any advantage that imposes a negative condition on the target besides the base effects of the advantage is automatically under the control of the person afflicted, rather than the afflictor. This stops hacks like the "Warp, Costs 10 FP", where you teleport someone and exhaust them, as well as similar tricks like slapping on Temporary Disadvantages to reduce the cost and further screw the target. It would also mean that advantages with built-in extra costs, like Warp's natural FP cost, would need to be modified with Reduced Fatigue in order to be afflicted on someone and still be under the afflictor's control.
Kelly Pedersen is online now   Reply With Quote