View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 10:30 AM   #140
GnomesofZurich

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
No one gets too suspicious about Daymar's palmistry attempts, though several people take the time to inform him that "You do know we're on Psi-suppressants? fortune telling won't work!"

The breakfast cooks dutifully absorb the mental surgery, as does the first lunch cook. The second cook resists the effect. Beyond resisting the effect, his eyes immediately go wide. You can tell he knows exactly what you just tried to do to him. You also notice that he's done the exact opposite of what spacers are trained to do, which is to not react at all.

The other cook hasn't noticed this at all yet.

Daymar has a few seconds to react before everything goes up in flames (metaphorically. Literally, he has a few days before Hua starts burning food)
Okay, Day is going to keep hold of the cook's hand and try Mental Surgery again (at a -1 penalty and 1 FP) to give him Delusion (Day did not just try to alter my brain).

[87] 20-09-23 18:27:26 CEST

Mental Surgery (at -1 for repeated attempt) to give Delusion (Day did not just try to alter my brain)

3d6 <= 16
6 + 6 + 1 = 13 ... success by 3

If this doesn't work, he'll have to resort to Suggestion to have the cook keep his mouth shut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
noted. Nice. We'll see if he can win that bet.

I'll need a stealth roll for that. After we find out what the cook does.
[88] 20-09-23 18:28:59 CEST

Stealth to raid food stores

3d6 <= 14
5 + 6 + 1 = 12 ... success