View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 01:52 PM   #142
tshiggins

Default Re: [MH] Vile Vortices and Supernatural Threats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
I'm talking about the Castle Falkenstein campaign notes you have. Many, may years old.

Do you want me to ask there?

It was something about London gangs and murderous violence.

Edit: The campaign in question started as a One er... Two Shot about ten years ago. The second season mystery (which, on checking, might count as Season 3), to which I referred, was the criminal gang of the Blue Gate Dogs.

I didn't get any sense of what, exactly, they were, but I admit freely that lacking any background in Castle Falkenstein, I suppose I might have missed clues connecting them or really anyone else in the campaign to Faerie.

I gathered 'Steampunk Europe with Magic', but didn't notice Faerie or the fey in any kind of important role, which Wikipedia tells me is a feature of Castle Falkenstein.
Oh, okay.

That whole campaign got aborted before the players made it very far. The brief introductory campaign presented a high adventure story in Africa, which had a fairly straightforward set of things to do.

With the campaign, I planned to include a lot more of the setting's complexity, which includes a powerful race of "dragon-blooded," the absolutely lethal (but frequently quite polite and pleasant) Fae, and the positively cutthroat fashionable social scene in which "old school" European nobility had to interact with the nouveau-riche industrial class.

To that end, I felt it best to ease the group into it with some consulting detective adventures in London that illustrated some of the cultural stresses. Unfortunately, that differed in tone so significantly from the intro adventure the players felt blindsided, and the whole thing fell apart.

But, yeah. The faeries in CF are so appallingly dangerous that one player referred to them as the setting's "third rail"; as in, "Do NOT Touch!"

Last edited by tshiggins; 02-20-2019 at 06:30 PM.
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote